TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local pawn shop has this Ramsey REP8000 for $375. It's mounted to a plate which is mounted to a hitch. I don't know jack about winches so what should I look/watch out for? The cable looks OK, it looks like it might be wound up wrong though. It has a black box to the side of it that takes a plug. I'm assuming that this is for the controls. The black/red cables look in good shape, just need the other end of the cable to attach to power source though. They said that they opened the box to the side up to run power to it for a check. The guy said it worked just fine but I want to research it before I buy it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Jason

·
Registered
116 Posts
terminator said:
A local pawn shop has this Ramsey REP8000 for $375. It's mounted to a plate which is mounted to a hitch. I don't know jack about winches so what should I look/watch out for? The cable looks OK, it looks like it might be wound up wrong though. It has a black box to the side of it that takes a plug. I'm assuming that this is for the controls. The black/red cables look in good shape, just need the other end of the cable to attach to power source though. They said that they opened the box to the side up to run power to it for a check. The guy said it worked just fine but I want to research it before I buy it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Jason

not sure what the difference is but you can get a Ramsey Rep 8.5e for$399 w/free shipping from http://www.samsoffroad.com

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
The power cables can be replaced for sure, does it have a seperate solenoid pack(control box) or is it an integrated unit(on top) f winch?
I think the plate is a typical Hitch plate that allows you to use it on the rear of your truck or any truck and or front if you have a hitch point there.
I would try to get it for a bit less, like $300 or pass it up and get a new one from Sam's offroad!!
I still have your rear diff, give me a holler

·
Registered
607 Posts
If you can get it for less than $300 buy it.Like said above the new 8.5(8500lbs)is only $399.Just make sure it works & you have the controller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
terminator
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing