·
Registered
451 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
anyone running this setup with success?

have some pics to show?

drag link and tie rod issues?

thanks in advance
Yeah bro, I'm running that way.......originally to gain an inch of wheel base, but turned out it helped clear my tires from my pinchweld....

In other words, your military is up front now.......I don't have any problems with drag link or tie rod, but then again, i'm running standard crossover steer, not hi steer....forgot what you have on that thing....you should be ok swapping direction, you'll gain some clearance, and I can only guess you want to do that cuz of those 37's hitting you're feet :D

Just make sure you keep it on the center hole (center pin) because otherwise it might be a bit too much move forward....

·
Registered
451 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
i ran short side forward and center hole on my perch...totally hit...didnt work out....fucking sucked..running shakerbuilt hy steer arms
i would post a pic if this site would let you have pics larger than 20k....weak shit
send it to me at [email protected] and I will put it up on my webshots site for ya.....

would a spacer under the arms help any?

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Anthony,
I was thinking why not just run standard crossover steering?? I see no issue as long as your tie rod is BURLY and I'm sure that isn't hard to accomplish. I was thinking about doing this once I do 37's just to keep the tires out of the shits. Here is the setup I'm thinking about- 44044's short side forward, run standard crossover steering with a burly tie rod, lower the truck some for a better drag link angle, fab up a panhard bar, mount the ram assist to the axle end of the panhard mount and have the ram protected by the burly ass tie rod. How do you feel about that?? :D This way we wouldn't have to mess with changing the position of the box and can run bigger tires without worry of the drag link and tie rod interfering, I mean, people already run regular crossover with no issues, as long as its setup right, right?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
generalee7 said:
Anthony,
I was thinking why not just run standard crossover steering?? I see no issue as long as your tie rod is BURLY and I'm sure that isn't hard to accomplish. I was thinking about doing this once I do 37's just to keep the tires out of the shits. Here is the setup I'm thinking about- 44044's short side forward, run standard crossover steering with a burly tie rod, lower the truck some for a better drag link angle, fab up a panhard bar, mount the ram assist to the axle end of the panhard mount and have the ram protected by the burly ass tie rod. How do you feel about that?? :D This way we wouldn't have to mess with changing the position of the box and can run bigger tires without worry of the drag link and tie rod interfering, I mean, people already run regular crossover with no issues, as long as its setup right, right?
good call. I may end up going to standard crossover aswell. :D

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
i ran short side forward and center hole on my perch...totally hit...didnt work out....fucking sucked..running shakerbuilt hy steer arms
i would post a pic if this site would let you have pics larger than 20k....weak shit
are you talking about the TR hitting the center pin? if so drill the arms out for hiems and run a misalignment spacer in there. i forgot to add that point about mine :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
YUNADERIS said:

http://community.webshots.com/user/blingtaco

Anthony, here's your pic...it's in the yunny album...and i agree with the standard crossover....I've hit my tie rod a few times, just make it burly, but as long as you do a down taper on the knuckles so the tie rod sits above, you're all good....I can show you at az...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.