TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have RS 5000's on my 2000 V6 Tacoma. I want to do a 3" spacer lift but I need to keep this as cheap as possible due to new tires. I was wondering if I would need new shocks to go with the lift.

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
SCGeorge said:
I currently have RS 5000's on my 2000 V6 Tacoma. I want to do a 3" spacer lift but I need to keep this as cheap as possible due to new tires. I was wondering if I would need new shocks to go with the lift.

Thanks,
George
You don't need new shocks, but if you want to replace them, now is the best time.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
SCGeorge said:
So the 5000's aren't limited like the stock shocks are and they are long enough?
yes...but your ride would suck really bad...plus ranchos are bad from all the complants i heard.....replace them with some bilsteins...cheap and good for it's money..get toytec spacers for the price...since they are running a speical...or cornfed..don't know their price..but they are both good stuff...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
SCGeorge said:
So the 5000's aren't limited like the stock shocks are and they are long enough?
To clarify, are you talking front or rear shocks?

Fronts, you don't need to replace, rear, you will want to with 3" of lift.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am referring to both front and rear...I need to make this as inexpensive as possible so I was hoping to keep the RS5000's for now and do the lift and BFG 32" and eventually move up to Bilsteins. Also do 32" BFG's fit on stock 15" wheels? As you can tell I am pretty new to this. :eek:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
hey man...well they are coming in this thursday or friday..i ended up getting th 5150s because the 5100s was not coming in anytime soon...talked to tyler last friday and he said it should arrive by end of this week...and i talked to bryan and we are gonna meet at NTB in the university area around 10:00 or 10:30 on dec 20....yeah..it's a monday..but he has that day off...but if you can't show up that day i think we can move teh dates around a bit...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Depends on how long you plan on keeping your Ranchos on the front. It`s a PITA to do a spacer lift (compressing the springs) and then turn around and have to do it all over again just to replace the shocks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
04RedLobster said:
i talked to bryan and we are gonna meet at NTB in the university area around 10:00 or 10:30 on dec 20....yeah..it's a monday..but he has that day off...but if you can't show up that day i think we can move teh dates around a bit...
I more than likely won`t be able to drop in/help till closer to 5:00p.
Just depends on what`s happening that day. I`ll definitely give it a shot.
Won`t be to far from you. Our shop is over off I-85 and Brookshire.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
that's cool man...i want all the help i can get...but if you can't show up...i'll understand...it is a monday..and people have to go to work...hopefully we won't be still there at 5:00 PM trying to figure out what's wrong with the truck...lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
The cheapest place I could find the Rancho's was Sears, right at $200. I got a set of Bilsteins HD's from Performance Products for $300 shipped. All I can say is I am glad I got them. The shocks are awsome, they much more firm and don't bottom out but still give a nice plush ride. They totally changed the way my truck rides off road. My advice would be to hold out for the Bils.

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
7wt said:
The cheapest place I could find the Rancho's was Sears, right at $200. I got a set of Bilsteins HD's from Performance Products for $300 shipped. All I can say is I am glad I got them. The shocks are awsome, they much more firm and don't bottom out but still give a nice plush ride. They totally changed the way my truck rides off road. My advice would be to hold out for the Bils.
I second that.....get the Bils.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts