TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any of you are interested in this but I thought it might be helpfull for some. This story starts on Wed. night as I was fixin to leave the Lowes parking lot in the Yota when this guy pulls up and starts talking to me about my truck. He told me that he was big into wheeling for a few years and amassed a lot of Toyota parts that he wants to get rid of now that he has moved on in his life. Apparently he has half a dozen or so complete or nearly complete parts trucks mostly 80's to early 90's pickups and gobs of random parts like starters, steering boxes, and axles. He even has some new stuff like a set of Allied 32 bolt bead lock rims. He is also selling his trail rig for $5,800 that has a recently rebuilt 22re w/ cam etc, built 8" axles, and so on. His name is Jay Dresser (706) 782-0072 and he lives in Rabun County.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This guy is full of shit! He is a nice guy but only has one steering box that he wants $100 bucks for and 1 complete front end and another thats been robbed of parts. Also has a couple of drive shafts and the rest is junk. He has one trail rig and 1 toyota sitting in the field that has no axles under it and its full of engine parts and other random crap. The rig he is trying to sell has homemade suspension and is not worth $5800! I just wanted to warn everyone else before you take the trip to meet this guy. He is proud of his yota and wants too much for it. If you need some drive shafts and 1 front end he's got em. 100 bucks for the front and 25 bucks per drive shaft.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This guy is full of shit! He is a nice guy but only has one steering box that he wants $100 bucks for and 1 complete front end and another thats been robbed of parts. Also has a couple of drive shafts and the rest is junk. He has one trail rig and 1 toyota sitting in the field that has no axles under it and its full of engine parts and other random crap. The rig he is trying to sell has homemade suspension and is not worth $5800! I just wanted to warn everyone else before you take the trip to meet this guy. He is proud of his yota and wants too much for it. If you need some drive shafts and 1 front end he's got em. 100 bucks for the front and 25 bucks per drive shaft.
I wasn't sure about this guy, but figured I'd post it up anyway. I'll make sure to do a better job of screening anyone else in the future. Sorry for the hassle Miles.

·
Registered
172 Posts
No thats cool man I had a good time going up there anyway. His truck isnt all bad but its only worth about $ 2500. It's not your fault you didn't know this guy. When I talked to him on the phone he said he had 10 front axles and 6 trucks but it just wasn't true. Oh well, he is just proud of his junk and he will be proud of it for a long time. It's cool that you even posted this stuff it could have been a great find!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
you just saved a bunch o' peeple a lot of time! :eek:

SPEAKING of such, I saw a Toyota Rock Crawler rig for sale on the side of HWY 115 between Dahlonega and Cleveland for $3500

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know I figured i would be the guniea pig and go on up there. He does have a front axle that has been sitting in the bushes for 10 years! Actually you could probably use the axle for the third or something. You saw a trail rig where? Was it beat to hell? I will have to go take a look at it. Can you get me a number?

·
Registered
172 Posts
He had about 3 front driveshafts what years I don't know and one rear drive shaft. He had a steering box some doors 1 front axle a couple of tranny's 1 rear axle and a pile of parts sitting in a blue truck down in the field. It may be worth someones time to go sift through all of this shit but it was a dissapointing trip for me. I was going up there to buy all the front axles he had like he said in the phone. I know exactly where he lives now and if anyone want to go up there and take a look I have no problems going up there to show you where it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts