TTORA Forum banner

7961 - 7969 of 7969 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Found this. I've been in convoys with the modern tank hauler, didn't know what they had way back when. This was designed and built to haul the bigger tank that was introduced right at the end of the European campaign, Pershing.

Attachments

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
The original 4x4

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
So, last night at around 9pm I get a call from my daughter. She says that her boyfriends truck is stuck and asks me to go pull him out with my F250. So, I head that way to help him. I get there to find his truck in a creek, twisted up, his passenger front submerged up to the hood. He had gone to pull out a friend of his that was in a jeep wrangler on 35s. So, the jeep is still stuck in the creek with the motor full of water and his truck is stuck bad and he shut it off when it started gurgling, so his motor is likely full of water as well. His truck by the way is a Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Dually. On top of that, there is another F250 that is on a dry patch of rocks behind him that's trying to pull him out. While I was looking for a good place to drop into the creek, I hear screaming...the other F250 is now on fire. It blew the rear main seal and oil was spraying everywhere and caught on fire. They shut it down and managed to put out the fire before it caused any real damage. But now there are three vehicles in the creek that are immobile. I realized that I was not going to be able to get to them without getting stuck myself, so I told them that I wasnt going to go into the creek and become a 4th stuck or broken truck. It was about 18 degrees out, everyone was soaking wet, and my truck was the only one running and that had heat. So, we hooked all of the tow straps together and made a path (had to cut down 2 trees with a hand saw) so that I could back up to the creek bank and pull from there. But, that didn't work due to the angle that I was pulling from and the fact that he was so off camber and buried in sand. So, we waited for another guy with a 78 Ford highboy to show up. He was able to find a better spot to drop down into the creek and get to them. He pulled the truck that caught on fire out of the way and then tried to pull the dually out, unsuccessfully...so then we waited for another friend to show up in his Wrangler Rubicon. With both of them hooked up they finally got the dually pulled out of the water. He opened his doors and about 6 inches of water poured out of his cab. And his electrical system was shorted out so he couldn't roll up the windows. So, the highboy pulled the truck that caught on fire over to where they dropped into the creek, and I pulled him out onto the trail and to a friend's house about a mile away. We had to leave the jeep and the dually in the creek. Then I took some guys home about an hour away, so I got home at about 5am this morning. They finally got the other trucks out today, but the dually, which is about a 70,000 truck, is probably fubar. Good times!

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
So, last night at around 9pm I get a call from my daughter. She says that her boyfriends truck is stuck and asks me to go pull him out with my F250. So, I head that way to help him. I get there to find his truck in a creek, twisted up, his passenger front submerged up to the hood. He had gone to pull out a friend of his that was in a jeep wrangler on 35s. So, the jeep is still stuck in the creek with the motor full of water and his truck is stuck bad and he shut it off when it started gurgling, so his motor is likely full of water as well. His truck by the way is a Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Dually. On top of that, there is another F250 that is on a dry patch of rocks behind him that's trying to pull him out. While I was looking for a good place to drop into the creek, I hear screaming...the other F250 is now on fire. It blew the rear main seal and oil was spraying everywhere and caught on fire. They shut it down and managed to put out the fire before it caused any real damage. But now there are three vehicles in the creek that are immobile. I realized that I was not going to be able to get to them without getting stuck myself, so I told them that I wasnt going to go into the creek and become a 4th stuck or broken truck. It was about 18 degrees out, everyone was soaking wet, and my truck was the only one running and that had heat. So, we hooked all of the tow straps together and made a path (had to cut down 2 trees with a hand saw) so that I could back up to the creek bank and pull from there. But, that didn't work due to the angle that I was pulling from and the fact that he was so off camber and buried in sand. So, we waited for another guy with a 78 Ford highboy to show up. He was able to find a better spot to drop down into the creek and get to them. He pulled the truck that caught on fire out of the way and then tried to pull the dually out, unsuccessfully...so then we waited for another friend to show up in his Wrangler Rubicon. With both of them hooked up they finally got the dually pulled out of the water. He opened his doors and about 6 inches of water poured out of his cab. And his electrical system was shorted out so he couldn't roll up the windows. So, the highboy pulled the truck that caught on fire over to where they dropped into the creek, and I pulled him out onto the trail and to a friend's house about a mile away. We had to leave the jeep and the dually in the creek. Then I took some guys home about an hour away, so I got home at about 5am this morning. They finally got the other trucks out today, but the dually, which is about a 70,000 truck, is probably fubar. Good times!

Dayam!!:surprise:

7961 - 7969 of 7969 Posts