TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows it going? havent been by in a while but i figure someone here might know whats up. i rebuild the front end of my pickup, new balljoints, TREs, and steering rack and took it to sears for an alignment since it was the closest shop that was open today. well i get it back from them and the horn no longer works as well as theres an airbag light on constantly now. they claim they didnt mess with the steering wheel and columb at all but i think otherwise. i think they just turned teh wheel around 180 to align the steering wheel correctly. any ideas what would cause both the horn to not operate and trip an airbag light? sears keeps telling me they didnt mess with the steering wheel at all. and they dont want to be helpful in fixing it. any ideas on how to make them fix their screwup?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
sounds like the ripped the spiral cable...... what about your turn lever? does any of that work?

·
Registered
739 Posts
yep broke that spring or whatever, my turn signals still work but no horn,and the air bag probably is hooked into the steering wheel as well,go talk to a manager and dont take no for an answer,thats BS

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everything works besides the airbag and the horn. turn signals work, everything... they swear to god they didnt even think about pulling the wheel apart. talked to the manager today and they claim they cannot come up with any way they could have messed anything up at all. i think they are just giving me the run around. i told the guy that im gonna get it checked out by another shop tomorrow and if its anything they did they will recieve a bill. if its something that just happened, ill pay for the repair.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
The guys at the Sears here in longmont are idiots! i can believe they would screw up anything they would put there hands on.

After lifting my truck and mounting my tires i needed an alignment and balance. Well i had to run my friend by there for his check(works in tools) and i thought i could get it all done there while we were in there and messing around at the mall. First the guy comes out and says you need balljoints and a tierod end.I told him he was high and to have someone who wasnt tryin to screw me look at the truck.I did the lift 2 days before and replaced everything under the front including arms. So right there i should have asked for my keys but he told me they would be able to do it the tech just made a comment about a boot or something....anyways I walk through as the "tech" is spinning the tires. and he really did look like a monkey making sweet love to a 36inch football. an hour and a 1/2 goes by and they have the truck on the alignment rack. Im standing there smoking by the door and the sales guy comes over and says they are going to have to charge me for the box and a half of weights the "tech" used. I thought he was kidding and walked over to the truck.Seriously a box and a half!!! I was like dude what the hell is this....I asked if he has ever heard of tryin to flip the tire to the other side to make it a bit more even with 1/2 the weight. The jerk seriously said "you didnt pay for a dismount and mount" I couldnt believe he said that! anyways i let him finish with the football and asked him to double check he got the wheels tight. after watching him on the first wheel i had to show him how to tighten wheels. The truck now pulls all over the road and 90% of the time im fighting to keep it in my lane. I have 90 days to take it back so im wheeling as much as i can and driving on the street as little as possible and taking it back for a redo. LOL

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
ike said:
glad i havent used sears! What places in northern colorado actually do good alignments. I will be getting one done here pretty soon.
I go to diagnal tire right over by allphase. On everycar i have taken there it wound up perfect adn no issues. I usually bring in VWs that are slammed and they dont whine about camber kits and stuff cause the guy knows there is no need for one. I would have gone there but sears was open i didnt want to wait and we were there. I paid 109bucks with my buddys discount for everything and it sucks. I drove through some dirt today and i rolled straight in it was flat and on my passenger front tire there was dirt on the outside only meaning positive camber. the drivers side was more centered but still positive. No wonder my truck pulls all over the place. the tires are working against eachother :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts