TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was done early today. We started out in the comp course and the 4 Runner walked right up the Gauntlet. So we headed down to Jotters Way hill climb on the right. On my second attempt I stalled, at which point the truck rolled back down the climb 50-75' as I tried to miss trees as we went, I clipped the last one with my drivers rear tire and ended up like this.

Luckily no one was hurt.

We rolled it back over and let it sit. Fired it up and took it back up to the trailer. I would have kept wheeling, but when I hit the tree, I bent the drovers side spring pack to hell and lost a good bit of head room, but we were able to bend that back out with the HI Lift.

So far I like the Pitbull Rockers, but I hope to get a bit more use out of them next time. Right now I am going to try to bend and beat the cab back into some sort of shape and get a cage put in it.

The rest of the day was great and Dave did an awesome job running the black trails that we hit.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Dave sent me a text of the first picture this morning.
glad to hear everyone was okay, sucks that the day had to end early.
Wish I could have been there with you guys.

I ended up calling out of work sick, but for actually being sick, irony.
I can't wait to see the rest of the pics from the day!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I had a great time today , even though it started out shitty for JT ,glad you and Andy are fine. thanks for the props on running SNAKEBITE , it was a little me and a lot of ANDY , AWSOME SPOTTER. If I can run that BLACK wide open so can everyone else......the new property was cool too , for being all green.
HERE ARE SOME OF MY PICS.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
JT, that sucks that that happened so early. Just glad both yourself and Andy were alright. It sucks about the truck, but at least it's fixable.

Guys, we ran Dave through all of Snakebite. I wish I would have gotten a picture of his face when I told him he just ran a black trail. It was priceless. Dave you did AWESOME!!!! I can't believe how well you ran that trail open/open. Snakebite is on the list of trails we're hitting next Stocker run. So guys...be ready!

Here are the pictures from Saturday:

Trail 31 on the new property

The ONLY spot Dave really had trouble on Snakebite

Dave gettin tippy. :D

Unfortunately the picture does that NO justice.

Dave and I a 100 feet short of him finishing his first black.

That's all I got. :eek:

Here are some pictures from today. We ran the new trail I cut, "Outer Limits"

I made it all but the last 20 or so feet and had to pull cable.

Here are the rest.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/577385114bCzsXf

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
hey jtaco1, was there anyone riding on the back seat:eek: Sorry to see that happening to your rig. Glad to know you are ok and safe.

Cool pics. Seems like you guys had a blast. The place looks pretty nice too.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
More pictures from Jason.

His wife must be a photographer. She got some really good shots. All my pictures were from the top of the hill, she was off to the side. Some of the pictures actually give a good idea of what this trail is like towards the top.

Right here is where the rocks are very loose. On top of it, it's a pretty steep considering the ground underneath you is like driving on dyno rollers. :lmao:

Here's a link to Jason's Kodak slideshow...I figured out a way to steal some of his pictures and uploaded them on my webshots account.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/slideShow/Main.jsp?token=894697609211:378689511&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey jtaco1, was there anyone riding on the back seat:eek: Sorry to see that happening to your rig. Glad to know you are ok and safe.

Cool pics. Seems like you guys had a blast. The place looks pretty nice too.
Luckily no, just Andy and I in the front. I am getting a cage quote from a local fabricator and also looking at some kits right now as well. By the end of the month, i am hoping to have something lined up.

Hoping to have it looking like this.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Luckily no, just Andy and I in the front. I am getting a cage quote from a local fabricator and also looking at some kits right now as well. By the end of the month, i am hoping to have something lined up.

Hoping to have it looking like this.
Good thing nobody got hurt. We talked about some rear passengers for the harder trails:eek:

Man, that runner looks really great. I guess now you have an excuse to chop the top off and do the cage as you stated above.

What r ur plans to keep the rain out:confused:

·
Registered
332 Posts
damn looks like ya'll had a lot of fun. hopefulkly i'll be able to get my truck up and running the way i want and be home for EC4RJ 2012

·
Registered
243 Posts
damn looks like ya'll had a lot of fun. hopefulkly i'll be able to get my truck up and running the way i want and be home for EC4RJ 2012
hey sam hope ya can make it home for it then! if my rig isntdone by then u need a spotter? and jt your roll is legendary in the central pa area! i got a call about it today and tried to get a hold of you to see if it was as bad as they said....and you didnt do it half assed! im glad you and andy are alright, and if things dont work out with your fabricator ill hook ya up with mine. hes only up in watts, and he is good and resonably-cheap a rare combo these days.

·
Registered
276 Posts
looks like it was a fun trip! i should try and make it out to the next trip. Im jealous, its too bad its my busy season

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
villlein
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing