TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great day of wheeling!

It was Chris, his wife, and his sons, Eric and Ryan, Dan and Lenny, Finster (In his newly 1-ton'd Jeep) and myself. We didn't hit many trails, but I still had a great time!

We ran exit of Rock Creek out to where 10 crosses it. Then we hopped on 13, but not before we had some issues. John's Jeep as it was making its way out of he exit decided to stop starting. Lenny ended up using a screw driver to jump the connections on it and got it fired up. Thank god, cause that would of sucked pulling a dead vehicle down the creek.

Once we finished that we went over to Trail 20. I walked up the easy line on Pitman Rock. Finster backed out after a few tries. I don't blame him for taking it easy, this was his shake down run. Dan tried next and failed hard, ended up winching him out. Eric tried every way possible and got denied so he ended up coming down Pitman Rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxq-MPBVPbE

Chris was up next and ended up in the exact same location as Dan. Both of them go hung up really really badly on their cross members. Chris' recovery was much easier than Dan's though.

After finishing up 20 we went over to Trail 5. We just about made it to the slabs when we heard a loud crack! John's Jeep decided to rip the lower rear shock mount on the rear passenger side. We got that taken off and used a ratchet strap as a limiting strap since he doesn't have coil retainers. Myself and Eric made the climb immediately to the left of the slabs. Holy hell did that kick our asses! After we were done it looked like someone dropped a bomb on that trail! Dan, Chris and John opted for the easier line all the way to the left.

Once at the top, I decided my truck needed a nap. Dropped into one of the bowls and on my way out tried a climb I've done a 100 times, but this time I was going just a tad bit too fast. I felt my tire kinda bounce off the top. Instead of settling down it just kept going!

As soon as I felt it going I grabbed the steering wheel and braced for impact. It's a good thing the other side of that hole was steep or I would have ended up on my lid. When the passenger side hit, it kept going over! I must give Chris' son props for his over the top one liner ass busting on me! "Red, why's your truck ALWAYS on its side?" :lmao:

I have to hand it to him, it was funny as hell!

After some ass busting and cleaning up my yard sale we hit the 1s. Once we finished up there we went back to the comp course and dicked around. Once again I made it up the hardest part of the double bump...and almost flopped/rolled my truck into the bowl at the top.

All in all I think everyone had a great time. Here are the rest of my pictures. Unfortunately I didn't get many seeing as I was leading the group around for the majority of the day.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/579182306vStwOv

·
Registered
231 Posts
Me and the fam had a good time. I havn't been able to see if the wife broke anything yet. When I get up for work it's dark and when I get home it's dark so maybe if I get a day off next week I can check it out.

I tell you what Red I don't know what it is but my littlest one likes you every time I mention wheeling he always asks if you are going. I think he likes busten you balls!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me and the fam had a good time. I havn't been able to see if the wife broke anything yet. When I get up for work it's dark and when I get home it's dark so maybe if I get a day off next week I can check it out.

I tell you what Red I don't know what it is but my littlest one likes you every time I mention wheeling he always asks if you are going. I think he likes busten you balls!
Wife broke something? She fall, or you mean the truck?

And about the little ones busting my ass...any time man! I'm use to it! :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
No major damage to report. Just some rock rash, most of the rear brake drum shield twisted off and the little piece of metal that holds the felt wiper on is gona need replacing.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No major damage to report. Just some rock rash, most of the rear brake drum shield twisted off and the little piece of metal that holds the felt wiper on is gona need replacing.
You mean the rock rings on the backside of the knuckle right? Get a set of Trail Gear's rock rings from here:

http://www.trail-gear.com/knuckle-service

Make sure you get 16 of the rock ring bolts too. Or you will go through the EXTREME frustration of getting the damn things on like I did. Just ask Jordan...

That's one of the ONLY Trail-Gear products I'll buy. Mine have held up to a lot of abuse. Only one is slightly bent and that's because I sheared the bolt head off thanks to a certain someone telling me to snug up the bolts even though they had already done so. :D

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Maybe you should get your junk on the trails and teach me how? :flipoff4:
This spring/summer buddy just you wait and see. Amy will teach you how to wheel.

Rubbing's racing :driving: :flipoff4:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I might be able to catch you, but I just realized there's no way I'm hitting your doors in that skyscraper of a truck you got. :flipoff4:
It's only tall to you cause your so close to the ground. Besides your just angry since you got fired as santas helper at the mall.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
5 Participants
rocktoy87
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing