TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the only wheeling I've been doing since I moved to Woodland (Hi Peri) and one of many reasons I haven't put my D60 in yet!!!! I started it in August of 06 for my son. I built it stock for my his first crawler. He wasn't happy with the 1/2" of ground clearance, and how top heavy it was... So Dad set out to fix all that... tore it apart, stretched it, changed a bunch of stuff, and here's the end result.

·
Registered
501 Posts
cougarfreak said:
This is the only wheeling I've been doing since I moved to Woodland (Hi Perry) and one of many reasons I haven't put my D60 in yet!!!! I started it in August of 06 for my son. I built it stock for my his first crawler. He wasn't happy with the 1/2" of ground clearance, and how top heavy it was... So Dad set out to fix all that... tore it apart, stretched it, changed a bunch of stuff, and here's the end result.

Weee! That looks like fun! Shouldn't be hard to find places out here to play with it either! :p How you likin' this little town now that you've been here a few? Now get that real truck done and let's hit the trails!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
That's cool...I've been messing around with this 4wd trophy truck..i need a new body for it though!! :D
[/IMG]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am SOOOO digging the BFG's!!!!! fun stuff... I wanna go Wheeeling!!!!! waaaaaaa

·
Registered
273 Posts
here's scale for ya

Here’s a Scale Look for you!!!!!!!!!
1st pic: R/C Truck BFG’s Mud Terrain w/ American Racing Black Wheels

2nd pic: My T-100 BFG’s Mud Terrain w/ American Racing Fuel Black

:kewl:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have 'em in a 2.2 size???

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now for the paint... I figure Dean and Mike would appreciate this scheme!!!

And Vois Las (Sorry if I don't know french)!!! We have a cool rock in front of our house that reminds me of Lions Back in Moab, Southern Utah.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then it was off to find the biggest dirt clod in the yard...

I will be building a front and rear bumper for it out of 5/16" .035 wall tubing and will post the results here.

My hat's off to all who build tweek, and tweek some more. I don't care how big or small the rig is, It takes a bunch of time to get things just right. But the satifaction when you actually get to wheel it is totally priceless.

For the full write up go here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?p=579168&posted=1#post579168

·
Registered
273 Posts
cougarfreak said:
They have 'em in a 2.2 size???
I don't think they do....I wish they did cause I want to build a cruiser like ur's !! that thing looks sick!!!! :D keep the pics coming that looks awesome

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where'd you get them from? Maybe I'll hound them to get some made... :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
cougarfreak said:
Where'd you get them from? Maybe I'll hound them to get some made... :)
I bought them with the Tamiya Kit those are the stock wheels and tires that came with this kit I think it's called the TA2 body/kit...what does the 2.2 mean? I could measure them, would that help?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
santacruzt100
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing