TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my RCI aluminum front skid plate which I bought last year for $315 + tax. I used it on White Mountain Road last year in Big Bear on its maiden voyage and suffered two cracked welds at the right and left corners as well as one dent and a slight upward bend near the rear.

The cracks and one dent have been fixed by a local blacksmith in Orange, CA. He was not able to take out the upward bend in the skid but all of the bolt holes line up correctly with about 1/2" clearance between the skid and the front differential. He welded gussets to the inside corners and sanded the exterior welded corners. There is also enough clearance between the inside gusseted corners and the push bars making me wish RCI would weld gussets there in the first place.

I'm selling the skid for $200 OBO with the addition of new hardware (4 bolts and 2 rubber washers). I prefer local pickup. I live in Costa Mesa, CA.

Pictures of the skid plate before the fix

Picture of two cracked corners and dent at angled dam (see circles)

PICTURES OF FIXED SKID PLATE

PICTURES OF SKID PLATE MOUNTED

PICTURE OF 1/2" SPACE BETWEEN SKID AND FRONT DIFF

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
boyfester
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing