TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is it possible to take my truck into a spring shop and have them re-arch my deaver 10 leaf pack in order to gain another inch or two of lift in the rear? the front of my truck is definately higher in the front than in the rear. would i be better off lowering the donahoes up front and just trim the wheel wells to get the truck to sit level while still having clearence?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Rearching from what I have seen with friends domestics changed the ride quite a bit, maybe get longer shackles instead? I expect it would change the ride but not as much as rearching plus a bit cheaper as you can do it yourself.

Also if you are looking for a little more lift besides a longer shackle, I have read many many posts about Deavers being built in such a way you can contact them tell them your needs and you can add or subtract from your current set up to get the desired results. This would be who I talked with first as they know there product best. They might recommend somthing cheap and easy also.

On a side note I used to wheel samurais also and when the springs got alot of sag we would take them off put them individually in a c channel piece of steel and pound on them reforcing the arch, it would in fact bring back the arch but a very short term fix. Plus these were cheapo springs so who cared.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Yes you can take them to get rearched. That would be your best bet or if you have the money you could always get new ones. As for the longer shackles that wont work for the 05+ because they have inverted shackels so longer shackles would lower an 05+ hope this helps.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I wouldn't waste the money on re-arching..... especially an aftermarket set of springs.

RE-arching is expensive and I've read that it can sag over time. You're better off buying a new leaf pack with an additional lift.

Eight years ago...the only things that were easily available for tacoma rear lifts were AAL's. I got rid of a Rancho AAL (my 96 tacoma) to have my stock (2 leaf) springs re-arched. And because I've heard/read that re-arching can sag over time - I had the shop make 2 additional leafs for support. The setup was bulletproof. The stiffness didn't bother me (it's a truck). The heavy duty nature of the pak was awesome - I could haul 2 scoops of mulch in the bed without it sinking.

Now-a-days...there's sooo many options available to you in lifts/springs. The cost of rearching just isn't worth it in my oppinion.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Try the Dakars. Good spring for the money. x2 hoe: Can't do a shackle lift on the 05. It has a reverse shackle.

·
Registered
419 Posts
do yall guys think i can call deaver to make me custom 3.5'' leafs?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
do yall guys think i can call deaver to make me custom 3.5'' leafs?
Yeah they can most likely do that for you but that will be pretty big arch in a stock shackle location. It might be a bit of a rough ride, correct me if this is wrong though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts