TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used set of Deaver's 7-leaf prerunner packs from another member (thanks Ted!). They've lost some of their arch, and if installed as-is would only give about .5"-.75" of lift. I talked to Deaver and basically have two options: (1) pack 'em up and send 'em to Deaver to have 'em refurbished, or (2) get them re-arched locally. Obviously, shipping ain't gonna be too cheap; about $50-$75 each way. From what I understand, I can expect to pay about $100 to have them re-arched locally, if I can find a place that'll do it.

What should I look under in the yellow pages for shops that can re-arch? Should I even bother getting them re-arched? Many people I've talked to cringe a little when I mention it. Or should I just suck up the shipping charges and send 'em to Deaver and let them work their magic?

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
synovus said:
I recently purchased a used set of Deaver's 7-leaf prerunner packs from another member (thanks Ted!). They've lost some of their arch, and if installed as-is would only give about .5"-.75" of lift. I talked to Deaver and basically have two options: (1) pack 'em up and send 'em to Deaver to have 'em refurbished, or (2) get them re-arched locally. Obviously, shipping ain't gonna be too cheap; about $50-$75 each way. From what I understand, I can expect to pay about $100 to have them re-arched locally, if I can find a place that'll do it.

What should I look under in the yellow pages for shops that can re-arch? Should I even bother getting them re-arched? Many people I've talked to cringe a little when I mention it. Or should I just suck up the shipping charges and send 'em to Deaver and let them work their magic?

get them done locally; Deaver won't do anything more than a local spring shop will. you might also consider adding a leaf while you're at it if you need more load cap.
yellow pages under 'springs'

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hytenor said:
get them done locally; Deaver won't do anything more than a local spring shop will. you might also consider adding a leaf while you're at it if you need more load cap.
yellow pages under 'springs'
LOL... Yellow Pages > Springs-Box > See Mattress & Bedding

I dunno, Chris. I don't think they're gonna be able to help. :p

When I was talking to Deaver, the guy made it sound like they would be doing more than simply re-arching. The impression I got was that they would be replacing some or all of the leafs with new ones. I'd need to call them to find out specifically what they'd be doing, though. My primary reason for even considering sending 'em to Deaver is because of their reputation and attention to detail. I'm concerned that having them re-arched locally would result in a lower quality of work. In your opinion, should I even be worrying about that?

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
synovus said:
LOL... Yellow Pages > Springs-Box > See Mattress & Bedding

I dunno, Chris. I don't think they're gonna be able to help. :p

When I was talking to Deaver, the guy made it sound like they would be doing more than simply re-arching. The impression I got was that they would be replacing some or all of the leafs with new ones. I'd need to call them to find out specifically what they'd be doing, though. My primary reason for even considering sending 'em to Deaver is because of their reputation and attention to detail. I'm concerned that having them re-arched locally would result in a lower quality of work. In your opinion, should I even be worrying about that?
Ok, so sleep on it for a while ;)

MY yellow pgs has 'Springs-Automotive' with 5 different shops w/in 25 miles of me ;) Try a larger town's yellow pgs near you.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hytenor said:
Ok, so sleep on it for a while ;)

MY yellow pgs has 'Springs-Automotive' with 5 different shops w/in 25 miles of me ;) Try a larger town's yellow pgs near you.
LMAO!! People go on and on about how soft the Deavers are, but they kill my back and my queen size sheets don't fit 'em very well.

I'll do the yellowpages.com thing and see if I can't find something on this side of the continent.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
synovus said:
LMAO!! People go on and on about how soft the Deavers are, but they kill my back and my queen size sheets don't fit 'em very well.

I'll do the yellowpages.com thing and see if I can't find something on this side of the continent.
you might have to wait until Spring ;)

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
synovus said:
Uh oh... looks like mudferret's got some competition for pun king. :)
don't get me started ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
synovus said:

How much is Deaver gonna charge for this "refurbishing"? 50-75$ each way for shipping + what deaver is gonna charge + whatever you paid for them, I dunno what the two variables are but it almost looks like you could have bought yourself a new set...

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4BYnTacoma said:
How much is Deaver gonna charge for this "refurbishing"? 50-75$ each way for shipping + what deaver is gonna charge + whatever you paid for them, I dunno what the two variables are but it almost looks like you could have bought yourself a new set...
Thankfully, things are not always as they seem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
synovus
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing