TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 15lb co2 tank from ultimate air that is now out of date. Where are the best places to get it recertified at? If you have had a tank re-certed before, how much did you pay?

or should I just get a new tank?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Scuba shops usually hydro tanks. The fee isn't that much should be under $50 if I remember correctly.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
I took a 20lb bottle I got for free to AirGas that was probably 5 years expired and they just exchanged it for another bottle with no extra fee.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took a 20lb bottle I got for free to AirGas that was probably 5 years expired and they just exchanged it for another bottle with no extra fee.

i would do that but seeing as my tank is powder coated from ultimate air, i would rather not exchange it.

ill give a fire extigusher supply place a try

·
Registered
829 Posts
The place I used to get my Power tank filled at was going to send it somewhere for me but I took it to a different welding supply place and they tested it and re certed it and refilled it. It would have been around 30 bucks to have it tested.

·
Registered
808 Posts
i would do that but seeing as my tank is powder coated from ultimate air, i would rather not exchange it.

ill give a fire extigusher supply place a try
Another vote on the fire Extinguisher place. Just had mine done earlier this month. Cost was $22 (for cert). They did it same day...took about 30-40 mins to do and fill.

·
Registered
673 Posts
how long are hydro certs good for?

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
^ 5 Years

Another vote for your local extinguisher shop. There are CO2 fire extinguishers. Mine charges 25 bucks, and 20 bucks to fill my 20lb co2 tank.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I found a tank locally for 50 includes regulator and air hose sounds decent to me. 20lb tank. hydro was last done 6/08 so has another year befoe it needs to be done again according to Phill.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, its kinda hard to find a place up here that does it.

1 fire extigusher place will do it for $32 bucks but takes 3 weeks

The receptionist at another fire place was a bitch and said they did it but referred me to another place

the one scuba shop around here, the guy said they send it to another company, and when i asked what company he hung up on me.

airgas close to me doesnt do it but have another store far away that does it.

and the one place im hoping for, the receptionist said she "thinks" they do it for $12 but wasnt sure because nobody else was there and told me to call back in an hour.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$13 bucks and takes 5 business days will be the place i go. i think they are just a industrial gas store

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I found a tank locally for 50 includes regulator and air hose sounds decent to me. 20lb tank. hydro was last done 6/08 so has another year befoe it needs to be done again according to Phill.
if it's a high flow regulator... and a alloy tank...
buy the damn thing already :p

·
Registered
673 Posts
high flow reg, but steel tank.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Steel tanks are damn heavy. IMHO, opt for an aluminum one. Full with the bracket, my 20er aluminum weighs in at 57 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Steel tanks are damn heavy. IMHO, opt for an aluminum one. Full with the bracket, my 20er aluminum weighs in at 57 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no kidding. i cant imagine how heavy the steel would be. aluminum is heavy enough full

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I'd like muh 10#'er... if I didn't 'ave trail bitches wit' me :shiner: :p

alloy 20#'er is a pita to lug around...

but steel would definitely bring deh suck mo'

1 - 19 of 19 Posts