TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you who saw and red my last post about my tinted tails, they came out good, but not glossy, and while trying to wetsand them/buff them with my new buddy Tim, it went right through the little clear coat. so we decided to sand off all the tint, and do it the right way.

for most of you people, you would have to do it the way i did before, but just put on the clear coat wetter and thicker. but we sanded the tails to 1500 grit. masked off the center, just like i did last time. and used automotive clear, mixed with a bit of black toner. (all of this was in a paint booth, so it sped up the process). here are some pictures

new

old

the rest

in the paintbooth

me and tim also helped out another fellow CT members girlfriends tails. (forget who at the moment) but he has lots of pictures of night shots, and fun shots. ill get them soon and post here

·
Registered
741 Posts
looks nice, but you would probably get better feedback at CT, people here are less for bling.

Austin

·
Registered
741 Posts
so you actually sanded on the outside of the taillight?, i have a quite a few deep scratches on my aftermarket clears, and doing what you said i could actually sand on the clear plastic and clearcoat them?

Austin

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
much better :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you actually sanded on the outside of the taillight?, i have a quite a few deep scratches on my aftermarket clears, and doing what you said i could actually sand on the clear plastic and clearcoat them?

Austin
you could wetsand them down, no more then 800 grit i would say. and work your way up to 2000-2500, and clear coat them (heavy and wet) wetsand again, and then buff/polish

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. Too each their own. If you like, that's what counts.:xrainbow:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice nice. That turned out pretty dang good. Much much better than the old foggy way you did it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts