TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My New Tube Bumper Fabbed!WHoo Hoo!

:eek: I decided to get a tube bumper a few weeks ago and finally got it! I got it done by "Big Ron"(thats his User name. He's on ttora,desertrangers, customtacos, and a few other forums) He's located in Rancho Cucamounga,CA. Pretty good/decent pricing for what he makes. He does any type of fabbing. Front, rear, sliders, anything you can think of he can work with. He's a big dude. Very nice and cool. Even gave me a couple of beers while I was hanging out there.

Name: Big Ron
Phone Number: (909)816-0085

BR FAB!

Finish product brought home: BlingBling! Bling!

Starting to paint:

Finished and on the truck with lights:

Closer Up:

Snapped a few pics of some of the weld lines:

What do you guys think? :confused:

·
Registered
286 Posts
how much?

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
No offence, but he should have slowed down when welding. The welds you showed look cold due to the high peak. (second picture) and not really even in the 1st. Other than that. The bumper is nice.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Wgasa84 said:
No offence, but he should have slowed down when welding. The welds you showed look cold due to the high peak. (second picture) and not really even in the 1st. Other than that. The bumper is nice.
5.7 <<<< What's with the avatar... ? :rolleyes:

With that new toy... You'll need to start hanging out at CT's... :lmao:

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
TacoDell said:
You could at least put the Tundy next to it... sheesh... it could be a ford or chevy otherwise... LOL
You are one picky bitch. I'll get a better aviatar up just for you!

·
Registered
415 Posts
very nice bumper looks good I agree on the welding doesent look like complete penetration. So to cold is right. But thats just my opinion I am sure they are strong or he wouldnt have let you leave with it.
But by your pictures I am thinkin you think the welds are bad your self hence why you took shots of them.
I have my C ticket but its been a few months since i have done any welding took course to learn not to get a job.

·
Registered
718 Posts
nice bumper, looks good.

·
Registered
332 Posts
x2 on the how much and how long? And who made you rear bumper?

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
The rear bumper & sliders look like Demello's handy work.

Nice bumper! I like it!

·
Registered
332 Posts
i didnt even notice the sliders, yeah i think its a deello now that i look at it again

·
Registered
230 Posts
4holmric said:
was it welded to the frame?
the bottom hole on the bumper mount is not dimple died and is where you bolt it into the frame horn

wow joey, i didn't know you already got sliders and a rear bumper, not wasting any time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts