TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TLDR: seeking reliable, durable, first gen tacoma, with new/rebuilt engine, campershell, longbed, and trustworthy seller, 4-7k

full message:

hello passionate vehicle friends

my name is tyler - im a 28 year old organic farmer and forester in california, and after a decade of driving a very reliable camry, yet barely fitting on strawbale in the backseat, and constantly having lumber from my front windshield, hanging out my trunk and strapped down... i am SO ready for my first truck.. Does anyone here want to offer any advice, or know friends with a quality tacoma they're selling on the west coast?

i've been searching for over 6 months now, all through craigslist and facebook marketplace with a 500+ mile radius, which has been exhausting, and why im trying out these forums now.. Recently, I thought i had a 2005 tundra that was perfect (160k miles $5,500), then after purchasing it, found significant rust on the underside of the frame, rusted gas tank belt, all that the previous owner did not tell me about, and told me "good luck" when i called to confront him.. So after repairing that a bit and selling it for parts to barely get my money back, I've learned from my mistakes, and have been focusing on getting a mechanical overview of any used truck i might buy, and learning lots about tacoma parts, and what questions to ask..

My price range is $4-7k .. which is quite a bit lower than I wish I had to offer a quality truck, but its what i have on hand right now.. because of cancelled public events and loosing most all my expected revenue for the year amidst this weird 2020.. I'm hoping this first truck will help me get my tree-felling and lumber business off the ground to then be able to more easily afford an upgrade within a year or two.

welcoming any advice on where to look, what to watch out for, any links to keep learning, or any actual trucks or leads you can help with.

thanks for the support and all the knowledge ive learned so far
-tyler

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,503 Posts
That isn't a bad price range, but used Toyotas are in high demand in CA. Anything worth buying will be priced on the high end and anything on the low end will probably be abused. That and used car sales are more challenging right now with the pandemic. Keep watching FB marketplace and Autotrader sites. Watchout for scams.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts