TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to distill all the experiences of people running this size tire on just a coilover lift. Experiences seem to vary greatly...

Currently I'm at least at 2.5" and 265/75R16 fits easily. No body lift, and I don't want to install one. The truck is an '01 V6 ext. cab. If the 33" is likely to rub badly, I'm going to settle for 32's. But I'd love to get the rear diff another 1/2" higher in the air. :D

Does the 33x10.5R15 usually fit on this with minimal or no rubbing w/ a pinch weld mod? Off-road is all I'm really concerned with; this set of tires and rims will be thrown on when I'm going off road, otherwise I'll have my A/T's.

It looks like someone started a 15" wheel thread, so I should be able to get that question answered there. But what backspacing would be best?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
different trucks rub differently...but even with the pinch weld mod, most trucks will rub 33x10.5's on 2.5" lift

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Pete said:
I'm trying to distill all the experiences of people running this size tire on just a coilover lift. Experiences seem to vary greatly...

Currently I'm at least at 2.5" and 265/75R16 fits easily. No body lift, and I don't want to install one. The truck is an '01 V6 ext. cab. If the 33" is likely to rub badly, I'm going to settle for 32's. But I'd love to get the rear diff another 1/2" higher in the air. :D

Does the 33x10.5R15 usually fit on this with minimal or no rubbing w/ a pinch weld mod? Off-road is all I'm really concerned with; this set of tires and rims will be thrown on when I'm going off road, otherwise I'll have my A/T's.

It looks like someone started a 15" wheel thread, so I should be able to get that question answered there. But what backspacing would be best?

Thanks all!
I've been running that amount for over 2 years and only rub the pinchweld plastic on occasion. If I ever cut that thing off I won't rub much at all. At full articulation I tag the upper inner fender plastic every now and then.
I have the BFG Mts on stock 7s.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
hytenor said:
I've been running that amount for over 2 years and only rub the pinchweld plastic on occasion. If I ever cut that thing off I won't rub much at all. At full articulation I tag the upper inner fender plastic every now and then.
I have the BFG Mts on stock 7s.
Same here..Been running that lift for about 2 yrs..Doesn't ever rub enough to be concerned..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts