TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a trick to getting those rearmost 2 bed bolts back in through the bed frame? These would be the 2 bolts that have a lock bracket piece welded to them. Whenever I try to feed them through the holes in the rear of the bed, the bracket part hangs on this metal lip that exists just above the bolt holes in the bed.

I had to fuss with mine for like a half hour to get them in because I couldn't get the lock bracket part to go under that lip piece of the bed, and I don't feel like I figured it out at all after finally getting both in.... they just sorta eventually fell into place after I messed with them for long enough. I ordered all new bed bolts from Toyota, but they won't be in until Tuesday. When they come in, I'm going to pull the old bolts back out(hopefully that never-Seize helps them come out nice and easy this time) and slap in new ones in their place.

Am I missing some obvious trick to getting those bolts back in... or is it just one of those things things that you have to struggle with each one for like 10 minutes until it happens to fall into place properly?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TacoDell said:
The tabs on the washers face forward in relation to the truck I believe... not inside the bodies tab thingys...
Yeah.. I have the tabs facing forwards... but I just have a really really hard time getting the thinnest part of the washer under that damn lip. I had it angled in at the most severe angle possible, and I only managed to get them randomly by jiggling them around and pushing in many different directions on the bolt.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
partyman66 said:
Yeah.. I have the tabs facing forwards... but I just have a really really hard time getting the thinnest part of the washer under that damn lip. I had it angled in at the most severe angle possible, and I only managed to get them randomly by jiggling them around and pushing in many different directions on the bolt.
Yeah I know what you mean... Can't say there is a special method other then to fiddle with it like you did to get it to line up properly... You Could just get a regular washer and press off the captive washer... But once you get it in there it sure makes it a breeze to tighten it down... adding a body lift eliminates that issue (or changing the bolt/washer to a standard)... as you won't be using that captive washer... at least not in the same way... But it's a tight fit to get the wrench in there (top nut) to tighten things up...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts