TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pic of my truck the day I picked it up. I thought the rear link system was different, but I bought it anyway. I did away with the panhard bar thingy and the nissan pathfinder rear...........
[/url][/IMG]

set up a toyota rear with the same link system (sans panhard bar thingy) as the PO had designed the suspension.
[/url][/IMG]

My question is about this pic. After my research on 4-links, I have not found a crawler with lower 2 links running to the frame. The links mount at the front spring hanger of the original leaf spring :confused: Granted, I am a newbie to riding on trails rated 3 or greater. So, this system works for me since I am cautious on the trails for now:D Will I gain significant performance if I change the mount location? Other info: The coils are from a landcruiser. Thoughts? Thanks
[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Looks like parallel lowers and triangulated uppers. I don't think you'll get a whole lot from moving the mounts as far as flex goes. You will gain some strength in the setup by cutting off the factory spring hanger mounts and going with something a little more stout.

If it works, rock on!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I thought. I wanted to throw it out to you guys. I am going tweak the rear suspension, work on hysteer, and duals next. Hope some of you get to the shootout. I am going to ride some and watch some of the action saturday afternoon

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/url][/IMG]

I am going to run the rear the way it is until it breaks. Performed well saturday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
oby
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing