TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and searched and I can't seem to find anything that will tell me which rear axles will work for an 05 double cab. I've got a bent passenger side rear axle and I'd like to replace it with one from a wrecking yard but no one can seem to find anything that will work. Am I stuck having to use an 05 double cab axle or will other years work? Thanks

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
All tundras from 99-06 will work even sequoias. I've heard T100 rear axles are the same width as the tundra/sequoias as well. The main thing you need to look for is ABS/non-ABS. The ABS axle shaft housing has a section for the ABS sensor, the axle shaft on an ABS model has an additional gear for the sensor. Otherwise, the axle shaft themselves are the same.

I found a shaft from TAP Recycling (only place I could find one) that was specific to an ABS model. I removed the gear and it has worked fine.

·
Registered
741 Posts
01 Tundra said:
I still have my original non-abs housing from my '01, not sure if it can used or not.
i could but shipping would suck!! im in nor cal.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
TacomaNova said:
i could but shipping would suck!! im in nor cal.
I believe the shipping on my complete Dynatrac rear axle was around $450 from Auburn, CA - but it weighed about 4 times what an empty 8" housing weighs.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i am going to pick one up at TAP this weekend, for about 350 for everying minus the thrid.

Austin

·
Registered
741 Posts
01 Tundra said:
I still have my original non-abs housing from my '01, not sure if it can used or not.

do you know if your year has the hard brake lines?

Austin

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All the wrecking yards said I need an 04-06 shaft and no one has any. They have offered me the complete rear end for $2K. I've got my axle at a machine shop to see if they can straighten it out but if not, I'll just get one from the dealer for $325.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts