TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i know blocks are a POS and not the best way to lift the rear, so please keep your opinion to yourself i am aware of this. HOWEVER, if you know an equal economic alternative please chime in.

Long story short I ordered coilovers from toytec w/ their AAL.
Once I put everything off the AAL didnt lift the rear hardly anything
SOOOOOOO... I ordered 1" shackles from them and that still not enough to level out

NOW... my last alternative is to get 1" to 1.5" blocks

who makes them??? anybody know??

(yes i have searched and havent found useful info)

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
blocks ar a POS, don't you know that?

longer shackles?
add-a-leaf?

some fucking idiots use HUGE shackles, just as some fucking idiots use huge block to get the lift they desire.

search more.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Wheeler's offroad. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Blocks are evil. Don't you know anything?

You could try some drop hangers in the rear if your shackles are getting on the longish side already and the ride is dialed in with the springs. Remember you only get about half for a shackle or rear hanger but both are ride neutral.
Whatever you do, don't forget that you may need new shocks.

·
Registered
892 Posts
...You're better off getting steal blocks (NOT alluminum) and bolting them directly to the leaf pak (using centering pin) -OR- welding them directly to your spring perch.

Alluminum blocks can crack and can deform under normal circumstances - which can cause your u-bolts to come loose. When the u-bolts come loose, you start breaking centering pins and your leafs will take a walk off your spring perches. I've seen this happen countless times....

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If both an add a leaf and shackles didnt lift your truck much what the hell is wrong? Are your leaf springs shot or something? Best bet is to get new leaf springs.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
i have a 3 inch block in the back and it wraps like a bitch, squeeks and has destroyed my leafsprings!!

maybe i could counteract it with a traction bar!

lol

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
it sounds like your leafs have a negative arch pretty bad then. you can get them re-arched for pretty cheap or you can get some aftermarket ones with the lift already built in to them for about the same price or cheaper than stock ones

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well thanks for your :2cents: everyone..

i mentioned blocks are a POS, why everyone had to tell me again idk.

anyways, to those who had valuable information to say, yes i know a new leaf pack is ideal but i can only afford so much. which would be the most economic leaf pack to go with??? and wat am i looking to spend??

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
well thanks for your :2cents: everyone..

i mentioned blocks are a POS, why everyone had to tell me again idk.

anyways, to those who had valuable information to say, yes i know a new leaf pack is ideal but i can only afford so much. which would be the most economic leaf pack to go with??? and wat am i looking to spend??
OME Dakars. Around $450 with bushings and u-bolts. Time to break out the plastic:)

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Because they really are a POS and we just want to make you feel good about your choice. LOL

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
you can get your old pack re-arched. they dont last as long as stock ones before sagging from what i have heard though. I had it done on my last truck and ditched the blocks and it was something like $75 a spring. I had the truck for maybe 40K more miles and they didnt sag at all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts