TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one having a intermitent rear brake squeak? Especially when backing up slowly? I was on my 2006 double cab 4x4 , and after bringing it back to the dealer 3 times they froze up. I could not break them loose for the hell of me. I put in 4 wheel , jacked it up both sides were frozen solid. I called for a flat bed to bring the truck right to the dealers door on sunday morning, but they broke free as it was being hoisted up the truck.Back to the dealer they took it apart and to all of their surprise the brakes were smoked!!!!!! All glazed and destroyed. All of this on a truck with 14,000 miles. End of story... 2 new drums , new shoes, and new hardware.The first 2 time they checked it they said it was fine,they never took the drums apart, I had the lug nut lock key in my pocket and forgot to give it to them. Totally thrashed the 2007 Camry loaner. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Well, now that you mention it...

The very first thing in the morning, when the truck has been sitting overnight, my rear brakes will make a squeal as I pull out of the garage.

Actually, it's not a squeal as much as a ringing tone.

I park the truck backed into the garage, and I only hear the noise as I'm easing forward down the driveway.

After I make that first stop at the end of my driveway, I never hear it again all day.

It doesn't bother me so I haven't worried about it.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Mine are dead quiet, lets keep it that way. I live in a very hilly area, and no brake related issues to speak of. Do you tow a lot, or carry heavy loads on a regular basis?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No never have towed with it. Have used it to carry maybe 2 loads of crap but truck was not over loaded by any means. My truck used to make the same sound in the morning, then it progressed to a groan several times a day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I heard it for the first time today when I was backing up after about 20 miles of driving. I listened for it the rest of the day and didn't hear anything. I'll take it to the dealer if it gets "bad", but I haven't owned a vehicle who's breakes didn't make a noise from time to time.

·
Registered
375 Posts
yup. when i first back out of my driveway in the morning. do you all use your parking brake regularly? i never do. thought maybe it was an adjustment issue?? if i use the park brake when backing, it quits.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven't noticed it but since you brought this to my attention I will definately be watching out for it thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2 week old 2007 Tacoma Access cab TRD Off Road and towing.. My brakes ring every monrning when I pull out of my driveway. Then they're quiet all day. Kind of annoying.

·
Registered
375 Posts
now starting to hang up

have had the morning squeek for some time, but now my park brake seems to be hanging up (auto). any others having this trouble?

·
Registered
278 Posts
common problem. Mine dose the same now and then.

·
Registered
417 Posts
my 06 does this daily. my pads are fine and my rear shoes are adjusted and fine BUT atleast a few times a day when im drivin slow then brake(like pulling into a park, or backing up) i will hear a squealin noise. kinda annoyin b/c i always think damn now i need new brakes but then i get it on the lift and check them and viola Fine!! :confused:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
my 07 brakes squeak bad too!!! but they still have a lot of pad left on them...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts