TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....Well as luck would have it, I backed my new truck into a light pole, pretty hard at that and put a nasty dent in my rear bumper. What are my options? Would the OEM bumper be the most cost effective? Or would a tubular steel style bumper like everyone has work better for the money? This is on a 2002 Taco 4x4. Thanx, as I am not ready for "battle scars" just yet!

-Dennis Stiles

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
BadJammer said:
Hey guys....Well as luck would have it, I backed my new truck into a light pole, pretty hard at that and put a nasty dent in my rear bumper. What are my options? Would the OEM bumper be the most cost effective? Or would a tubular steel style bumper like everyone has work better for the money? This is on a 2002 Taco 4x4. Thanx, as I am not ready for "battle scars" just yet!

-Dennis Stiles
depends, you could probably get an OEM one here for <$100 plus ship.
lots of us have beefier ones for wheeling. Stronger, some offer better departure angles plus looks better

jsut because you have a stonger bumper or what ever doesn't mean your ready for battle scars. if you want your truck to look new, don't wheel it. dents and carange is the risk you take when you wheel. I have several small dents but I still have an adversion to caved in sides.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
A brand new Toyota bumper from toyota costs $312. For a couple bucks more, you could get a stronger aftermarket bumper.

Check out bentup, $350 + shipping, here <http://www.bentup.com/RearBumpers.html>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they bolt up?

Does that aftermarket bumper mention, aside from needing to be painted, bolt right up? also, who makes a good tubular bumper?

-Dennis Stiles

·
Registered
93 Posts
wouldn't want to ship it but im thinking about selling my rear chrome bumper that's in pretty good condition. im in SC(columbia). selling because i just put on a 2" body lift and am wanting to rework my bumper configuration anyways.......might as well go for something else while im at it.

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
1,227 Posts
BadJammer said:

-Dennis Stiles
Well heck since everyone else is throwing out there favorite fabricator, I will too.... Click the link below to check out CBI Off-Road Fab.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
4x4Dragon said:
wouldn't want to ship it but im thinking about selling my rear chrome bumper that's in pretty good condition. im in SC(columbia). selling because i just put on a 2" body lift and am wanting to rework my bumper configuration anyways.......might as well go for something else while im at it.
shipping coast to coast is just over $50, UPS, cheaper with Fedex ground.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
BadJammer said:

-Dennis Stiles
We build all kinds of custom bumpers and our rear tube wrap around is built to bolt right up! But if you want to go the afforable route we have a couple stock bumpers laying around with small scrathes or maybe a little dent or two? 20-50?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts