TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a bilstein or something else in the back of their FJ with the rear donahoe coils? I ordered the front and rear coils and rear shocks....everything came right away but the rear shocks have been b/o for the last month. Any alternatives that you guys like??

jason

·
Registered
40 Posts
shiprekd1 said:
Anyone running a bilstein or something else in the back of their FJ with the rear donahoe coils? I ordered the front and rear coils and rear shocks....everything came right away but the rear shocks have been b/o for the last month. Any alternatives that you guys like??

jason

Well....I have Donahoe in the front and OME spring and shocks in the rear. A friend gave me his Bilisteins (spelling ?) that he used for a couple of months and replaced with Donahoes. I said WTF, I give them a try. Man...I cannot wait to get those shocks off my rig. They are too soft to carry the load of the FJ and my rig "floats" on the freeway. They also have these brackets at the top of the shock (glorified spacer is what they are), that rattle incessantly. In addition, there are no bushings or anything to dampen the rattling that is driving me nuts. This is a poorly engineered product and obviously rushed to market with little testing, just capitalize on the growing FJC upgrade market.

If it was warmer I would have ripped them off and put my OME shocks back on. I don't know why I changed, I was perfectly happy with the OMEs in the first place. I guess it was because the Bilisteins were free.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I've got the Bilstein 7100's in the rear of mine, along with the Deaver coils (about 30% stiffer than stock I belive) Both from Demello, and the ride on mine is great. I'm guessing whatever Bilstein the guy above used were valved for something else, they have about 6-8 standerd valvings available for the 7100's in addition to custom valving.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm runnin AP front w/ome rear no probs for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts