TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TM 6in on my 98 taco. What would I have to do to get rid of my blocks and match the rest of the lift? New leaf spring combo to match the front of my truck...Any suggestions for this combo? :welder: :eek:

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Cowhorn said:
I have a TM 6in on my 98 taco. What would I have to do to get rid of my blocks and match the rest of the lift? New leaf spring combo to match the front of my truck...Any suggestions for this combo? :welder: :eek:
Alcan could make some for your application, as could Deaver. You might also check out AOR or NWOR. You can always call or email them with your requirements to see if they can help you out.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
synovus said:
Alcan could make some for your application, as could Deaver. You might also check out AOR or NWOR. You can always call or email them with your requirements to see if they can help you out.
nwor only sells 3 springs for the Taco, HDs for both ex and dcabs (same length, different rates), and a 2" lift spring. the Hd (advertized for 3/4") gives 2.5-3" and the 2" gives 4". (they still haven't figured this out after darn near 3 years of reminders, LOL) He'll still need a shackle to even things out.

custom is the way to go for that much required lift.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
AggieTaco said:
You could always go with some chevy springs and some shackles. Chepest and best option IMO.
depends on how much lift you want. those things wind up giving 5-6" but I suppose they could be archeded to whatever you needed.

new spring hangers are cheap and welding them on is pretty easy...just have to make sure they are lined up perfectly ;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It's really easy. I've helped with 2 sets of chevy springs, being fairly inebriated both times. I'll be doing the same to my yota here in a month or so. First buddies truck wound up with 4" of lift, which is what we were aiming for, the second time 6", which was unexpected but just a reason to lift the front higher.

·
Registered
305 Posts
what alll did you use to get 4 inches, AAL. and shackels?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
hytenor said:
depends on how much lift you want. those things wind up giving 5-6" but I suppose they could be archeded to whatever you needed.
I've heard too many differing accounts on this one to make a judgement. My aal's are nearing the end of their life, and I'll probably try it just for the hell of it sometime this spring. If nothing else, I can always put a spacer on top of my coilovers to even things out, right :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tenntaco said:
I've heard too many differing accounts on this one to make a judgement. My aal's are nearing the end of their life, and I'll probably try it just for the hell of it sometime this spring. If nothing else, I can always put a spacer on top of my coilovers to even things out, right :D
I think that the Alcans or Deaver 3 In. springs plus a shackel maybe my ticket.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I don't like to encourage the use of NWOR but there HD puts 3 to 4" instead of the 3/4" is says. I like mine but they took a year to break in. They really are a pain, but they are some of the cheapest. They haul lots of weight too. With a shackle, shim and a small block it'll work. Few choices under 500 without doing your own.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
tenntaco said:
just get your OE springs rebuilt and re-arched for 3".

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
shovelracer said:
I don't like to encourage the use of NWOR but there HD puts 3 to 4" instead of the 3/4" is says. I like mine but they took a year to break in. They really are a pain, but they are some of the cheapest. They haul lots of weight too. With a shackle, shim and a small block it'll work. Few choices under 500 without doing your own.
I would agree with that. I got them because I needed the hauling cap. For that they are great but not so hot for flex. the first set of shocks I had with them sucked big time, KYBs, but these 5150s are fantastic...my truck rides as smoothly as my wife's RAV4 ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts