TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around on some logging roads the other day and when i got home i noticed this!

I wasnt going hard on it at all thats what has me so confused! Anyone else have any similar stories? The springs are only about two years old and the truck doesnt see much rough terrain. I emailed Davez where i originally bought the springs but have not gotten a response.

-Matt

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
If you flex your rear springs a lot, especially negative arch, this can happen. Judging by the bump stops, negative arch shouldn't be an issue.

What brand springs are they? I've broken rear springs on my Tacoma but they were never the main leaf. It was usually the 3rd leaf in a 4 leaf pack and the cause was too much weight. I had Deaver re-design the packs to my weight requirements and all has been good since.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response

Yeah it definitely wasnt being flexed out much that day so i dont think that did it. And i got the springs from Davez Offroad

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think Davez just re-sells Trail Gear springs. He has a vendor thread on Pirate. Try posting your issues over there. I have no idea what their warranty is on springs. I've seen a few 30 year old factory Toyota springs break but never something that new. Heck My All Pro springs are going on 14 years old and never had any issues with them.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I think Davez just re-sells Trail Gear springs. He has a vendor thread on Pirate. Try posting your issues over there. I have no idea what their warranty is on springs. I've seen a few 30 year old factory Toyota springs break but never something that new. Heck My All Pro springs are going on 14 years old and never had any issues with them.
Davez has their own branded springs, I think the rears are 65" long, TG's are 57". Davez is on this forum too, not sure if they are a forum sponsor but they do have threads on here although a call or email would probably be the best way to handle it. I've seen TG springs take a lot of abuse, no bump stops and going negative over and over and still not fail.

·
Registered
380 Posts
A few weeks late, but I also have Davez rear springs (and front for that matter). His rear springs are a hybrid pack that are 66" long, which I had heard he gets from some sort of Chevy. These are very long, but flex well, and ride is amazing. I have yet to have an issue with my rear packs, and I daily drive my rig.

His fronts however, have shown a few signs of warping... need to dig in to see what the hell happened, but it looks like I may be contacting Davez soon to see what he thinks.

Were you able to get a replacement for your broken leaf?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was driving around on some logging roads the other day and when i got home i noticed this!

I wasnt going hard on it at all thats what has me so confused! Anyone else have any similar stories? The springs are only about two years old and the truck doesnt see much rough terrain. I emailed Davez where i originally bought the springs but have not gotten a response.

-Matt
That is a bummer, if those springs are from me than they are TG springs. I dont recall an email about them. Send me a pm if you need help with that issue. Thank you
or email again. [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts