TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard a whole lot about what people are doing for the rear suspension. I'm running some pretty flexy springs in the front but the rear is embarasing. I was thinking about going with the chevy leaf swap to save money. But how do they compare with say all pro or marlin's leaf packs, or any other ones for that matter... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'm pretty happy w/my chevys. I also had to add a 3" aal to it though and a big shackle to level the truck.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Another vote for chevy's. I'm sitting 3/4" ass high with the overloads chopped and 8" shackles. Can't beat the price.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Another one with Chevy's. I am also running a full pack with overload with an 8 or 9" shackle (can't remember right off the top of my head)

has good flex. But they will be for sale this upcoming spring/summer. I am going with a three link set up then!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks... I appreciate all the input. About how much lift are you guys actually getting with those long shackles? I don't wanna go over 8 inches.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
you are actually going to want a long shackle with the 63s, those springs are LONG

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I run chevies as well with a 2" AAL and 9" Eye to Eye shackle. They are damn long springs and they catch on steep departures. When these are bent or S shaped I will be going links.

·
Registered
757 Posts
ATLRoach said:
I run chevies as well with a 2" AAL and 9" Eye to Eye shackle. They are damn long springs and they catch on steep departures. When these are bent or S shaped I will be going links.
Your probably not using THESE :)

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
SgtMunger said:
Your probably not using THESE :)
I"m using those, they're nice pieces but i still hit the oober long shackles alot dropping off ledges etc.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Spend your money right the first time .............. dont get chevys!!

There too long. When your done getting the blocks and add-a-leaf your getting closer to the cost of springs that were made for your truck.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
midavenport said:
I haven't heard a whole lot about what people are doing for the rear suspension. I'm running some pretty flexy springs in the front but the rear is embarasing. I was thinking about going with the chevy leaf swap to save money. But how do they compare with say all pro or marlin's leaf packs, or any other ones for that matter... Any suggestions?
Chevys and shackles. you won't get better flex unless you go 4-link

·
Registered
415 Posts
midavenport said:
Thanks... I appreciate all the input. About how much lift are you guys actually getting with those long shackles? I don't wanna go over 8 inches.

You will not even get close to that with chevys.......

I had to buy lifted chevys after I did the AAL's ,blocks and super long shackles ........ still the rear sat lower than the front 4" all pro springs.

Save your self the time, trouble and get better depature angles and get Marlins rear springs.

The flex is really the same anyways ;)

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Kyron said:
You will not even get close to that with chevys.......

I had to buy lifted chevys after I did the AAL's ,blocks and super long shackles ........ still the rear sat lower than the front 4" all pro springs.

Save your self the time, trouble and get better depature angles and get Marlins rear springs.

The flex is really the same anyways ;)
how are the Marlin rears for hauling weight?

·
Registered
415 Posts
hytenor said:
how are the Marlin rears for hauling weight?
depends how much :p

I know this has been beat to the ground, ........... I'm just sayin that add up your time and every cost of doing junkyard chevys. Then look at the complete cost of Marlins ,Trail gear's or all-pros. Then double the price of the junkyard springs if/when you need another set to get more lift or get rid of axle wrap.........

Have you ever heard someone say there going to remove their marlins (or whatever) and swap in junkyard Chevys??

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I've only got 130 total in bolts, shackles, chevys, budbuilt front hangers.
I'm not complaining about anything; personally.
I'd say rather than worrying about getting the lift out of the rear- get some air out from under the front end :)

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Kyron said:
depends how much :p

I know this has been beat to the ground, ........... I'm just sayin that add up your time and every cost of doing junkyard chevys. Then look at the complete cost of Marlins ,Trail gear's or all-pros. Then double the price of the junkyard springs if/when you need another set to get more lift or get rid of axle wrap.........

Have you ever heard someone say there going to remove their marlins (or whatever) and swap in junkyard Chevys??
ah, I'm trying a set of brand new lift Chevys, 5-leaf incl OL (removed the OL)
we'll see how they do. I got about 6" or so initailly.

·
Registered
650 Posts
timmay picked up a set of brand new stock chevy springs $28/ pair.. they dont lift much, but you cant beat the price/ flex benefit...
since i carry a ton of weight in my rig, the chevy's are almost a necessity. dont feel comfortable w/ little springs and a 5500lb rig beating the crap out of the springs.

·
Registered
193 Posts
old man emu with a long shackle and traction bar!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts