TTORA Forum banner

Rear Lift??

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  YoTRacer158 
#1 ·
What is the best way to lift the rear of my Tacoma?! I was thinking of AAl but i dont know how much stiffer the ride and how much the flex i will loose.

Thanks

#2 ·
shackles, add a leaf (short or long), or new leaf paks. The long add a leaf will IMO is less stiff than the short, it flexes better and dosent make your leafs look like an S as quickly as a short aal. New packs are the best idea, but morre $$. Shakles are good too if you just want height, and no more load carrying capacity. good luck.

#4 ·
Yoter said:
Would 2" shackles sit level if i had 3" spacers in the front?

Thanks,
Tom
:eek: 2" shackles.. I think cornfed will make them for you, but I have run into an issue running longer than 1.5" lift shackles, in the fact they limit leaf compression. Longer shackles also will wear out your leaf packs faster. Jason said he has seen a larger number of downey long AALs broken on the floor of his shop. I believe rebuilding your pack is a great option to buying an entire new one. look in the mods section of my site. 2.5" rear, 3" would sit you level.

#5 ·
Anyone know which AALs are the short ones and which are the long ones? I have a ProComp AAL that came with my Cornfed lift, but I have no idea if it's long or short.

Either way I just hope it lasts a couple years, then I can upgrade to more lift and some aftermarket springs for the rear.

#7 ·
with 2.5" in front and 1.5" in the back i'm still sitting a little higher in the rear, w/ 3" up front it would probably be level

#8 ·
I think the Deaver 3 leaf Progressive AAL is the best bet. A little more then a standard AAl but a much better ride from what I have heard. I have Downey HD shackles and I am taking them off asap. I am going for the deaver aal.

#9 ·
4BYnTacoma said:
I think the Deaver 3 leaf Progressive AAL is the best bet. A little more then a standard AAl but a much better ride from what I have heard. I have Downey HD shackles and I am taking them off asap. I am going for the deaver aal.
how come you dont like the downey HD shackles? i've had them on for a while now with no complaints

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.