TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
If and when I do this mod.. Probably WHEN I do this mod, I will be making it to where I can switch it back and forth from stock to modified wiring configuration, and at the same time using some sort of waterproof connectors (marsh marine probably). That way if the Toyota tech plugs in his computer to do diagnostics he will not detect any difference. In other words, keep the wiring in modified form for everyday driving until you take it to the dealer, then switch it back to the initial configuration so Toyota isn't any wiser.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
:kewl: NICE JOB! :kewl:​

You should print up some professional looking instructions, make up some of those jumper wires and sell this as a kit on eBay for $25 a pop!! :D

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Toyota will be offering this with a new TRD pkg...for around $7500 extra. Your mod seems like a slightly more economical solution, LOL ;)

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
hytenor said:
Toyota will be offering this with a new TRD pkg...for around $7500 extra. Your mod seems like a slightly more economical solution, LOL ;)
I still think they stole my write up for the TRD edition.. we should be getting some of that TRD package money.. lol...

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Tankota said:
.. we should be getting some of that TRD package money.. lol...
:rofl2:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Minor updates added to post #1.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Tankota said:
Minor updates added to post #1.
so, when do you do the crawler mod? ;)

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
hytenor said:
so, when do you do the crawler mod? ;)
I've got an automatic now.. who needs a crawler? :D

But that leftie gear driven one from Inchie sure looks nice..

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Tankota said:
I've got an automatic now.. who needs a crawler? :D

But that leftie gear driven one from Inchie sure looks nice..
give it time ;) you'll still want one, especially with stock gears :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
is the gauge of the wire 22?? I like how clean this looks, and, all i can find at the local auto store is 14, 16, 16 gauge connectors .....

·
Registered
19 Posts
On my FJ the ABS light no longer comes on with the locker as it did before. Makes sense as the skid control ecu is not getting the "locked rear axle" signal anymore with the EX3 wire cut. Does anyone think there will be problems with ABS still active with the ATRAC and locker engaged?

·
Registered
357 Posts
bugs1961 said:
Does anyone think there will be problems with ABS still active with the ATRAC and locker engaged?
Isn't ABS a bad thing when your off-road in the dirt, anyway? I thought I heard that the Tacoma's and 4runners automaticallly turn off ABS when they are in 4-low.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Isn't ABS a bad thing when your off-road in the dirt, anyway? I thought I heard that the Tacoma's and 4runners automaticallly turn off ABS when they are in 4-low.
Tacomas turn off ABS in 4-LO only when locked...

Anyone try this hack on the tacos?

·
Registered
10 Posts
ah64id....I'm selling my 05 sport for a new 08 off-road w/ ATRAC. If nobody has tried it by October, I'll be a guinea pig. It would be bad ass if this worked on the Taco's.

There's a picture on the first page showing the entire unit beside the brake fluid reservoir . Does yours look similiar to the one in the picture?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Hmm. I might have to give this a shot tomorrow on my taco. The only thing I can see that's different is that we don't have an A-trac light. When mine is actively working the slip indicator comes on. but other than that there is no way to tell. I guess I can try a 4lo burnout on a gravel road and see what happens-

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Hmm. I might have to give this a shot tomorrow on my taco. The only thing I can see that's different is that we don't have an A-trac light. When mine is actively working the slip indicator comes on. but other than that there is no way to tell. I guess I can try a 4lo burnout on a gravel road and see what happens-
Yours is an 06 huh, so you cant turn it off???

But you should know if it works becuase on mine the slip light comes on solid (indicating A-TRAC off) when the locker is on.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts