TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Crazydawgb said:
Got a big decision to make right now. Got some money for Christmas and I actually have enough to buy either one. The problem is which one? Suggestions would be helpful!! :confused:
A locker will get you through times of no flares better than flares will get through times of no locker.

(BONUS POINTS: name the obscure reference I just paraphrased :D )

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
elgecko said:
(BONUS POINTS: name the obscure reference I just paraphrased :D )
pot will get you thru times of no money better then money will get you thru times of no pot!!!

did I win????? :)

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
locker for sure

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Crazydawgb said:
Got a big decision to make right now. Got some money for Christmas and I actually have enough to buy either one. The problem is which one? Suggestions would be helpful!! :confused:
Definatley go with the locker. It will be much more helpful offroad then flares ;) .

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
grumpy said:
pot will get you thru times of no money better then money will get you thru times of no pot!!!

did I win????? :)
ABSOLUTELY, you win!!!
Both will give you more traction, but after one use, the flares are gonna be a little mangled!! Go with the locker!

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
locker

Crazydawgb said:
I'd say the locker if you're offroad a good bit. Cause, like every1's said, it'll get you thru more than some damn flares. Even though, flares do look cool!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Crazydawgb said:
I have a used set of TRD flares for sale, replaced with cutouts. godd shape some straches. sure then can be sanded out if wanted.
asking $200 plus shipping.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
Grumpy, how did the cut out flares fit
did you trim the fenders a whole lot?
I want to see pics
BTW, congrats on the SFA swap!!!!
cya in March!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
it doesnt say if its for a TRD or non TRD...not positive if it matters but i think it might

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
98 Taco said:
Grumpy, how did the cut out flares fit
did you trim the fenders a whole lot?
I want to see pics
BTW, congrats on the SFA swap!!!!
cya in March!
fit good. only trim 1" fro mfront and rear of the rear wheel wells and 1" from rear of front wheelwell. I actully trm more like 1.25-1.5". and the trimming only goes up to the 3rd and 4th plastic mount holes from the TRD's.
I now have a digicam send me your addy and I'll take some for you. Any particular angle you want??

thx about the swap, truck rides sweet. Kudo's to Brian at FROR for suggesting the toy springs up front and to Randy at AOR4x4 for getting the the springs made so it rides great. Still needs little work but its trail worthy.

Derek

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Just remember the top of trail 3 (Windrock), that should make your decision easy...

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts