TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 39531 Miles on my 05 Tacoma TRD Off Road...

I just discovered my locker isn't engaging. Would this still be covered in the 60K power train warranty? Or should I try to fix it myself?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't used it since January but it wasn't enaging then...

The last time used it before that was in August. So I guess no.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it's in 4-Lo.. I've used it before and it's just blinking...

·
Registered
313 Posts
While its blinking, try putting it in drive and going forward a bit, sometimes then it engages. I had the same problem in my 2000, I was doing it exactly like the manual stated and I would remain there waiting for the blinking to go off and engage. Took mine in, and the service advisor drove it with me and showed me how to do it. Never had a problem after that.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I had the same thing.. But mine was serious.. It was an actuator switch on the transfer case that went bad.. Needless to say $700 later and about 3 weeks in the shop it was fixed. Damit that really chaps my hide!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Locker

I noticed the same thing and I tried pulling forward, backward and changing gears and I could never get it to engage. On the valentines day storm that we had here in the northeast I finally got it to engage (haven't needed it until then). You really need some significant slippage of the rear wheels for it to engage. It worked like a charm for me on a couple of occasions that day. It went in and out with no problem. I came in handy with the 8" deep ice and snow ruts on the road that I reside. I have 32,000 miles on my 05 now. It was really starting to bother me that it wasn't working and I was worried that when I needed it, it would just blink an me, but all is good now that I understand what it takes to engage. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If it's blinkin...it's thinkin. x2 in and out of neutral to drive, roll forward a few feet. Seems to work great for me. I did the locker mod and sometimes it hesitates to engage, but other than that, it's fine.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone who's put their 2 cents in so far... I have an appointment at Longo this Saturday. I want to make sure that it's in fine working condition before I attempt the locker mod on it.

I'll have them do diagnostics for free and determine a course of action then.

ryguy said:
I had the same thing.. But mine was serious.. It was an actuator switch on the transfer case that went bad.. Needless to say $700 later and about 3 weeks in the shop it was fixed. Damit that really chaps my hide!
I hope that's not the case for me. I have the money but don't feel like spending it on something that should be covered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts