TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear shock length

Anyone with an 05+ know the rear shock length needed on a 3" lift? I would like to order mine, but don't know how long they need to be...10" or 12"? I am willing to do a shock relocation if need be, but am still a little reluctant to start welding on my new rig.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
should be pretty close to the same formula on ours - 2" of length for every 1" of lift

Kaistie said:
Anyone with an 05+ know the rear shock length needed on a 3" lift? I would like to order mine, but don't know how long they need to be...10" or 12"? I am willing to do a shock relocation if need be, but am still a little reluctant to start welding on my new rig.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so are you saying you don't know what length I need? Are you going to make me crawl under my truck and measure? How about this, do you know the length of the stock shock? If you do, i could add 6" and go from there. Plus I am not sure how the shocks being mounted where they are on the 06 changes that formula. Being closer to the wheel only means that they will have to be longer, or that is how I see it.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I'm saying it's pretty easy to figure out Lazy ass! Length of the stock 05 shock? - who cares? put the shackles you want re-lo the mounts and measure for the shocks.

Kaistie said:
Ok, so are you saying you don't know what length I need? Are you going to make me crawl under my truck and measure? How about this, do you know the length of the stock shock? If you do, i could add 6" and go from there. Plus I am not sure how the shocks being mounted where they are on the 06 changes that formula. Being closer to the wheel only means that they will have to be longer, or that is how I see it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts