TTORA Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

to start i will say i did do some searching, however the 4runner section seems pretty dry on ttora compared to other sites and i like ttora so i wanted to post here. i drive a 1997 4runner 5spd, i have an arb with warn m8000 up front. i run bilstein 5100s and 881 coils up front, in the rear i have Ome 906 coils and currently blown kyb shocks. when i first got the runner it had a broken rear shock so i quickly replaced them with kdb gas-a-just shocks so i could drive it. a year later i put the ome suspension under it. since then i have added a rear cargo system with drawers and frequently pull a 12ft utility trailer loaded with about a ton of weight. I've used bilstein 5100 rear shocks on my tacoma for years and they are ok, not in love with them but i also didn't use my tacoma for towing and never really used the bed for hauling. i have read places the 5100 shocks are not good for sustained loads of weight which brings me here. what are some good options for my setup, are the ome nitrocharger shocks worth the money? or are the 5100 actually good with sustained weight. sorry for the long post better to paint a picture up front then have to explain later.

zach

1 - 1 of 1 Posts