TTORA Forum banner

Rear Shock Options

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  04RedLobster 
#1 ·
Im looking to get some upgraded shocks for the rear of my prerunner. I have shackles and ive removed the helper spring. I do mostly desert running, with the light ocasional trail run. Im torn between these three options

Donahoe's

I ahve the donahoe fronts, and i love them. If the rears will make as much as an improvement, then id be set. Im looking to keep the back end from boucing so much, make it softer and able to soak up bigger whoops and such. What would be my best bet. Any experience with the donahoes. Im looking to spend under 200 per shock.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
synovus said:
While it's obviously possible to remove the overload with a single-leaf AAL, most people don't, because it would result in less lift.
Thanks for the reply. I do have a procomp AAL, but im going for offorad control. The lift doesnt matter, and i dont mid if i loose height to gain traction. Should i run the stock overload spring, the procomp, or none at all? I want to get the back end to stop bottoming out and stop bouncing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.