TTORA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
those of u who are running aftermarket rear shocks with a lift......what brands are the best ride and seem to hold up the best. just want to get some oppinions on some different brands before i buy.thanks

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
tntaco said:
those of u who are running aftermarket rear shocks with a lift......what brands are the best ride and seem to hold up the best. just want to get some oppinions on some different brands before i buy.thanks
Honestly, search... This topic has been absolutely beat to death.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Its all preference man. Most people don't like the same shock everyone pretty much likes a different ride and feel. I still have the trailmaster shocks on the rear of my truck I believe they are ssv's not for sure. I like them and I like skyjacker shocks had some on my 86 yota 4x4. I have procomp struts on the front of my tacoma they seem to be ok not sure couldn't till a difference over the stock one's really. With 11.5" of lift or better I don't have a smooth ride no matter what shocks I use.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
ShowStop said:
Some how I don't think ribbed shocks are that popular. :D
they're only ribbed if you keep the boots on them ;)
but they do come in lots of festive colors now...I wouldn't know about flavors...

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
tntaco said:
Well....more infor might help. what are you looking to do with your truck? what type of wheeling? doing any hauling/towing? how much lift and what type? etc.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
tntaco said:
haha very true but they are a little more pricey than condoms too.
NOT TRUE!! A busted shock will cost you $30-120. A busted condom costs you for 18 years!!!

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
rojodiablo said:
NOT TRUE!! A busted shock will cost you $30-120. A busted condom costs you for 18 years!!!
or a quick death

·
Registered
612 Posts
I put Bilstein's on my '97 and I honestly didn't feel *that* much difference over the Stockicos. Mayb if I did springs too it would have been better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts