TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i was going to have alcan make me a pair of 2.5" springs for my truck. they would be built to handle the extra weight that i carry, especially in the winter. I have a cap, a carpeted deck/storage system, and i practically live out of the back of the truck for the winter as i move to and from utah twice a year. i would estimate i travel with 600 pounds of gear not counting the cap or deck. and it sags a lot....prolly back to stock hieght. when i wheel it the most is when im going back to ny so its full of all my SHIAT. thing is, alcans are going to me like 550 shipped.
Allpro now has the sale on their 3" springs for 290. i want my truck to ride level (got 881s on the front and they have not sagged noticably in the year i have owned them) with all the gear in it, and when its empty tail high is alright. could i save some money with the all-pros or shell out almost 2x as much for the alcans?

edit: this might also help...with the bed empty but still with cap and deck, the 1.5" aal still rides just below level. 64,000 miles are on the stock springs with the aal. perhaps with the new all pros they could handle the 600-700lbs easily since they wont be worn out like my stock ones. the stock ones w/ aal have no arch left. hope those details help.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
so i was going to have alcan make me a pair of 2.5" springs for my truck. they would be built to handle the extra weight that i carry, especially in the winter. I have a cap, a carpeted deck/storage system, and i practically live out of the back of the truck for the winter as i move to and from utah twice a year. i would estimate i travel with 600 pounds of gear not counting the cap or deck. and it sags a lot....prolly back to stock hieght. when i wheel it the most is when im going back to ny so its full of all my SHIAT. thing is, alcans are going to me like 550 shipped.
Allpro now has the sale on their 3" springs for 290. i want my truck to ride level (got 881s on the front and they have not sagged noticably in the year i have owned them) with all the gear in it, and when its empty tail high is alright. could i save some money with the all-pros or shell out almost 2x as much for the alcans?

edit: this might also help...with the bed empty but still with cap and deck, the 1.5" aal still rides just below level. 64,000 miles are on the stock springs with the aal. perhaps with the new all pros they could handle the 600-700lbs easily since they wont be worn out like my stock ones. the stock ones w/ aal have no arch left. hope those details help.
AP's 3" springs are not designed for handling weight...and they don't from what has been posted.

Alcans or look into Dakars...cheaper too.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, thanks guys

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x2 on the Dakars. But be advised: if you take out the second OL, they don't have a lot of load capacity. I found this out the hard way.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
cool, thanks guys
another option is NWOR's "HD" leafpks. They used to give 2.5-3" but after over 4yrs of telling them their 3/4" lift springs were giving just a tad more they finally figured it out and changed them :rolleyes:
According to Rob (Puckerfactor) they are good for about 1.5" now. Add a set of 1.5" shackles and you're good for 3" and more droop than with stock shackles. just make sure to extend the bumpstops.

I ran their springs for 4ys and lost count of the full loads of firewood up to 2k# they hauled with ease.
In the $350 range + freight.

I don't normally recommend getting anything from them but their springs are very good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts