TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I have the Fabtech 6" on the truck and just installed the king coil overs and camburg UCA for the front and now I need some suggestions on what to do with the rear. The springs are super tired. Any advice would be awesome. I would like the truck to be level or sit a little higher in the rear. By the way the king coil overs are AWESOME and completely worth the $.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What does the rear end have now? A new spring pack is the way to go. You can order custom from Deaver or (..I forget the name.. International?)

If you dont want to relocate your hangers/shocks you can go with a Deaver mini pack which is what I have, works great but wont be as soft as a whole new longer spring pack.

If you can do it you really want to eliminate blocks under your springs :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does the rear end have now? A new spring pack is the way to go. You can order custom from Deaver or (..I forget the name.. International?)

If you dont want to relocate your hangers/shocks you can go with a Deaver mini pack which is what I have, works great but wont be as soft as a whole new longer spring pack.

If you can do it you really want to eliminate blocks under your springs :)
Right now it's the stock springs with add a leaf and the blocks. I really want to get rid of the blocks, but will Deaver be able to give me the 6in I need without the blocks. I would like to add shackles too.

·
Scared of Slow Speeds
74 Posts
Deaver or National can do custom packs to accommodate any lift height. The performance and ride of the leaf packs will diminish as you increase the lift height spec.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deaver or National can do custom packs to accommodate any lift height. The performance and ride of the leaf packs will diminish as you increase the lift height spec.
So should I keep the blocks? At the moment I could replace my springs with 2x4's and it would be the same

·
Registered
233 Posts
All pro used to make 5 inch leafs for the Tacoma. It appears they no longer do. Anyone know why? FYI OP your rear will only need around 5 inches of left to sit level. The fab tech lift should have about 3 inches in block and 2 from an add leaf.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All pro used to make 5 inch leafs for the Tacoma. It appears they no longer do. Anyone know why? FYI OP your rear will only need around 5 inches of left to sit level. The fab tech lift should have about 3 inches in block and 2 from an add leaf.

Awesome thanx

·
Scared of Slow Speeds
74 Posts
Most add a leaves are actually rated at 1.5" unless otherwise specified. I would leave the block and add some traction bars to reduce axle wrap. The large lift kits were not designed with the end thought of suspension travel.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most add a leaves are actually rated at 1.5" unless otherwise specified. I would leave the block and add some traction bars to reduce axle wrap. The large lift kits were not designed with the end thought of suspension travel.

Links?

·
Registered
233 Posts
If your leafs are tired as you stated in the first post I would not add traction bars and call it a day. That does not help or solve the worn rear suspension. And the fabtech lift does use a 2 inch add leaf with the 3 inch block. You could always do custom 5 inch leaf springs, 3-4 inch springs with 1-2 shackles, 3 inch leafs with 2 inch blocks, etc etc. I am looking at upgrading my rear suspension next year. Let me know what you end up doing and how it turns out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If your leafs are tired as you stated in the first post I would not add traction bars and call it a day. That does not help or solve the worn rear suspension. And the fabtech lift does use a 2 inch add leaf with the 3 inch block. You could always do custom 5 inch leaf springs, 3-4 inch springs with 1-2 shackles, 3 inch leafs with 2 inch blocks, etc etc. I am looking at upgrading my rear suspension next year. Let me know what you end up doing and how it turns out.
Yeah I understand that, and it makes perfect sense. I want to get rid of the blocks anyways. Without the blocks would there still be axle warp? What I'm trying to ask is do the blocks cause axle warp? Also another newb question, what are the advantages/disadvantages to shackles?

·
Registered
233 Posts
A quick google search will find all those answers. Yes blocks will cause axle warp. But if you don't run and gun it's not that bad. The blocks also help the leafs wear and add a stiff rear ride. Shackles are a step up from the blocks but also can cause axle warp. I am still looking at how I will do my rear suspension and once I have an answer I will let you know.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A quick google search will find all those answers. Yes blocks will cause axle warp. But if you don't run and gun it's not that bad. The blocks also help the leafs wear and add a stiff rear ride. Shackles are a step up from the blocks but also can cause axle warp. I am still looking at how I will do my rear suspension and once I have an answer I will let you know.
Awesome thanx for all the info I'll talk to Deaver and see what they can do for me. By the way what do you have on the sway bar as your end links? Because if you are rockin the stock ones, then I recommend using 99-00 4runner rear end links.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are stock. The 4 runner ones fit and are more stout? What is the advantage to them?
They are longer to accommodate the lift. With the 4runner ones there is no weird angle to the sway bar end links. It makes the sway bar level like it was without the lift. I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I haven't done it yet, I just learned about it and was trying to get the word out but I will do it soon. It looks better not sure about the handling.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not to conserned with the looks. Always looking for ROI if I spend the cash. Any write up or link to information on it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I haven't seen a write up yet. I think it is more than a cosmetic issue though. A guy at 4wheel parts had them on his 99 Tacoma 6in Fabtech and the other day I was just surfing ttora and I saw someone else said something about using them, but I can't find it now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts