TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so its time to redo my rear suspension, i just upgraded from spacers up front to coilovers and now want to replace my rear blocks, saggy springs and shocks. My question is if i plan on running downeys 3 1/4 lift springs would it be more benefitial to run my shocks in a v pattern or will i get just as much flex running shocks in the stock location.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You'll get a bit more flex with the V setup, but will lose stability at higher speeds. Really it depends on the type of wheelin you're planning on doing. Search, there have been numerous threads about this.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I'd suggest doing the u-bolt relocation and have new lower shock perches welded up...
Relocation of the lower shock perches (slightly \ / inboard) will allow you do run a longer shock and get more droop/down travel... But you may need slightly taller bumpstops so as not to bottom out the shock on compression... Doing this set up would allow you to utilize the Billie 10" units or others of equal specs... Leaving the shocks in the stock opposing positions may help dampen axle wrap somewhat... But is not a cure for it...

PM... Erik (animal) and he can share some pics of this mod... His lower perches don't seem to be moved inboard very much... Maybe an inch or so...

Both Demello and All-Pro have kits for this stuff... as well as some others I'm sure...

On a budget...
I'm still running the Billie 8 and 8 1/2" units in the stock locations and it flexes good enough for me to run the likes of Holcomb Creek and John Bull... So it would depend on what type of wheelin' you do and if yah have the cash to throw down... ;)

Oh... and my rig can go anywhere Eriks can... cause I'm not skeered... LOL

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok sounds good. i ave te fab skills and tools available to do the job im just a little confused on the geometry ie. where to place the shocks and how much angle to put them at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Zeb8806
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing