TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching for about a half an hour now.... And look I'm even posting in the right section !! :cool:

I bought 285/75 w/wheels for the truck, correct backspacing.... New Saw's for the front, and a 1" Body lift.... For the rear, leafs are in the future, I just can't do it anytime soon....

I'm looking for about 2" of lift.... Only able to spend about 400 bucks including shocks.... I'd like to get some decent shocks, so I wont have to swap again when I get decent leafs (deaver or alcan probably) and trying to find the best option for about 2" of lift.... Who is using what. I dont want blocks.... I'd like to find some 2" shackles, hearing bad things about add-a-leafs....

Looking at some billstein 5150's with resevoirs, but I really like the rebuildable 7100 remote ressies.... Who's got suggestions, a

·
Registered
717 Posts
depending on the amout of travel your looking for the 7100s will not fit under the back of your truck with a 2" lift. i ran the downey shackles before i upgared to deavers, the downey shackles are cheap and worked well enough for me.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I ran homebuilt shackles, and then pulled them off and installed a downey long add a leaf. I like how the downey stiffens up the rear, but you might not. I got mine used, so I can't help you in the $$ department. Everything I do is at discount :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well the thing is, I set aside 2200 bucks to do the truck and I told myself I wouldnt spend anymore for now.... I have it, I just dont want to blow any more right now... Brand new saws 635 bucks, 4 tires, mounted, road force balanced and an alignment 900 bucks, 1" Body lift 125 bucks.... Leaves me ABOUT 600 bucks left.... Which leaves me some options... If I get alcans or deavers, I'll splurge on some very decent shocks....

For 600-800 bucks I can get deavers and good shocks, ORRR...
A 2 inch block, locker for the rear, sliders, bed bar w/hi-lift and lights....

So decent rear ride, OR locker, sliders, bed bar, jack and some lights... See my dilemma ?

Is the ride going to be absolute NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE ?

*EDIT* I think I'm going to skimp on the rear springs for now and keep an eye out for some decent used ones down the road.... I'd rather have the locker and everything else right now...

·
Registered
328 Posts
What type of wheeling are you going to be doing??? desert/pre-runnin, rock crawlin,, and carrying alot of weight are some things people will want to know to help you out.. I would stay away from lift blocks, you'll just want to replace them! Why do it twice!

For the Northwest trails, I have found the OME rear leaf pak with bil 5125's 10" stroke work well, :2cents:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Amen on the no blocks thing. They are a pain when it comes to offroading. I would say get a long add a leaf. I think they are about $100 new and aren't too bad to install. I can see your logic because a locker is a nice thing to have.
I say look at either extended shackles or AAL and then get the locker.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I have a set of Deaver three leaf add-a-leaf for sale that would work perfect for you. They give a nice ride unlike other add-a-leafs and help beef up the stock springs with three additional leafs rather than one. It should provide you with close to 1.5" of lift but you can leave in the overload leaf for an additional 5/8". They have about 10,000 road miles on them and I’m asking $120 + shipping. Let me know if your interested....

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
joel said:
I have a set of Deaver three leaf add-a-leaf for sale that would work perfect for you. They give a nice ride unlike other add-a-leafs and help beef up the stock springs with three additional leafs rather than one. It should provide you with close to 1.5" of lift but you can leave in the overload leaf for an additional 5/8". They have about 10,000 road miles on them and I’m asking $120 + shipping. Let me know if your interested....
this plus a 1" lift shackle and good shocks.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
i am running the deaver 3 leaf aal as well and love them. they flex very well and if u buy them new they will give you 2-2.5" inches and will settle around 1.5". i ran just the aal for a couple months and added 1" shackle a few months ago. you can get the aal for about 180.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
gregers05 said:
i am running the deaver 3 leaf aal as well and love them. they flex very well and if u buy them new they will give you 2-2.5" inches and will settle around 1.5". i ran just the aal for a couple months and added 1" shackle a few months ago. you can get the aal for about 180.
or $120 from me :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts