TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin' for a little help...

Wanna install a new rearview mirror with an integrated backup camera. I found a good thread over on the TacomaWorld forum, but for some reason, my account got suspended for "spam" (even though I've literally never posted there). I can't even get ahold of an admin' to get my account sorted. Anyway...I thought maybe someone here could help.
This is a link to the thread - 1st Gen Backup camera | Tacoma World
It looks like the mirror used in this mod is mounted to the factory rearview mirror mount (up in between the 2 map lights). Does anyone have an idea of what mirror this is, or know of other mirrors (with cameras) that mount to the factory mount? I'm just trying to avoid mounting the mirror to the windshield. Screenshot from the thread below 馃憞馃憞馃憞

2002 xtracab 4x4 TRD SR5
Thank you!
Automotive side-view mirror Automotive mirror Plant Vehicle Rear-view mirror

Registered
2003 Tacoma XtraCab 2.4L Manual
Lookin' for a little help...

Wanna install a new rearview mirror with an integrated backup camera. I found a good thread over on the TacomaWorld forum, but for some reason, my account got suspended for "spam" (even though I've literally never posted there). I can't even get ahold of an admin' to get my account sorted. Anyway...I thought maybe someone here could help.
This is a link to the thread - 1st Gen Backup camera | Tacoma World
It looks like the mirror used in this mod is mounted to the factory rearview mirror mount (up in between the 2 map lights). Does anyone have an idea of what mirror this is, or know of other mirrors (with cameras) that mount to the factory mount? I'm just trying to avoid mounting the mirror to the windshield. Screenshot from the thread below 馃憞馃憞馃憞

2002 xtracab 4x4 TRD SR5
Thank you!
View attachment 62091
Not sure what model this is in the picture, but I have one on my '03 Taco and I love it. It just hooks to the existing rearview mirror with rubber fasteners and has GPS, a dash cam, and backup cam. It was only about $100 at Amazon. It wasn't hard to run the wire back: there's a rubber grommet under the door sill and then just use a bunch of wire ties to secure it to existing wires all the way back.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what model this is in the picture, but I have one on my '03 Taco and I love it. It just hooks to the existing rearview mirror with rubber fasteners and has GPS, a dash cam, and backup cam. It was only about $100 at Amazon. It wasn't hard to run the wire back: there's a rubber grommet under the door sill and then just use a bunch of wire ties to secure it to existing wires all the way back.
Right on. That sounds interesting, especially for that low of a price. Do you remember what brand yours is?
Thanks,
Ransom

Registered
2003 Tacoma XtraCab 2.4L Manual
Right on. That sounds interesting, especially for that low of a price. Do you remember what brand yours is?
Thanks,
Ransom
I just checked and it's not available any more. There was one called Wolfbox that looks similar for about $150, but do a little shopping and you might be able to do better.

Registered
Try this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts