TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone replaced the rear wheel bering on the trd axles.i serched and only found a writeup on the non trd on like a 96 on 4x4wire
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
Wheel Bearing

Yea, you need a special tool to press out the old bearing and a press to put on the new one. And two new seals and a new clip and some other stuff. I can tell you how but I don't have the equipment to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bearing replacement

tacoray4x4 said:
Yea, you need a special tool to press out the old bearing and a press to put on the new one. And two new seals and a new clip and some other stuff. I can tell you how but I don't have the equipment to do it.
please tell me how. I can get a press and fab the tool just need some of your knowledge on the process. I got new seals, bearing and retaining ring do i need anything else? any help would be greatly appricated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,088 Posts
wheelerjake said:
please tell me how. I can get a press and fab the tool just need some of your knowledge on the process. I got new seals, bearing and retaining ring do i need anything else? any help would be greatly appricated.
Jake, I just recently did mine and might be able to help you out. I am sure you are replacing the seals right? Well, I got mine out, but had to demolish them in the process. Other than that it is just a matter of pressing out the bearings and ABS ring it you have ABS. Other than that the press is the most important tool.
Really, just take the axle shafts out, next the seals in the end of the tube. Have the old bearings pressed off and the new ones on. Install the seals next. Be careful not to damage the seal in the process. I used a big socket to get it in straight. It is kinda flimsy so be careful. After that just put the axle shafts back in and your done.
Give me a shout if you need more info.
Nate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
Kaistie said:
Have the old bearings pressed off and the new ones on.
Nate
Yeah, thats the hardest part, ask Nate how he did his. The special tool is not hard to make if you know what you are doing. Just call me and I will tell you how to make it and what that process looks like. Ray 520.808.1101
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,088 Posts
tacoray4x4 said:
Yeah, thats the hardest part, ask Nate how he did his. The special tool is not hard to make if you know what you are doing. Just call me and I will tell you how to make it and what that process looks like. Ray 520.808.1101
Yeah, Ray is the master of wheel bearings, I am sure he can lend some friendly advice...Thanks again Ray for helping me with mine.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
wheelerjake
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing
Top