TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a question, My rear wheel wells are cut out. I bought my truck like this and im wondering what the purpose is? Im guessing it provides more travel in the rear without rubbing

DO alot of people do this?

and How can i prevent rocks from shooting up and hitting my glass?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
do you have a picture? are you saying the part inside the bed is missing or something between the box and bed side?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It's either for clearance for larger tires or for longer travel shocks? Anything else in the bed? Just holes? How many? Where? Pics would help.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
sounds like someone cut out the wheelwells.....

a lot of street trucks do this to tuck the tire higher up or lay frame on the ground....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do i prevent it from slinging rocks and shit up at my back window

and I already have a bed liner, im jost wondering cause i see alot of offroad trucks like this aswell

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
dotn you have a long travel truck???? are there shocks back there coming up to a bed cage??? what the fuck do you have?

maybe it used to be a low rider, hopefully it isnt anymore.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
You really need to tell us exactly what is going on besides "sliging rocks up and shit at my back window" Take a picture or figure another way of describing what was done to the truck.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Wgasa84 said:
You really need to tell us exactly what is going on besides "sliging rocks up and shit at my back window" Take a picture or figure another way of describing what was done to the truck.
Am I missing something here ?
I mean it sounds like he has no wheel wells to me... Maybe someone was intending to tub them ?

navyseals101 said:
ive got a question, My rear wheel wells are cut out. I bought my truck like this and im wondering what the purpose is? Im guessing it provides more travel in the rear without rubbing

So the answer it to tub them... Or for a quick fix... use a mud flap and make a bracket to mount it so as to create a deflector on the front side of the opening for yer farking rock/tire throwing shiat...

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I must have missread it or it was eidited.

Stop followig me Dell. :flipoff2:

I'm sitting here at the Crown Toyota getting LoJack installed. Come down here and keep me entertained bitach!

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Like yer new ride biatch... I farking jealous... well sorta... More so if you had the 4X...

Where the fark is Crown... And how much did they fark ya for that thing ?.. he he

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
navyseals101 said:

Get someones old bed liner. Easy and effective.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Crown Toyota... off the I-15 inbetween the 60 and the 10.

They got $500 over dealer invoice. :) And they got my Tacoma with more problems than a 60year old whore.

I don't need a 4wd for 99% of the driving I'll do, that 1%... I'll just figure something else out, like chains or pull the 85' off the trailer if I get stuck. Hell even when towing to say, Big Bear camp spots, Calico, Hammers.. it'll be fine. I couldn't justify the added inital costs, gas mileage decrease, and insurance increase!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts