TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much is a reasonable installation price for spacers/shackles/shocks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
Free, do it yourself it isn't hard at all and in the process you will learn alot about how your suspension works.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
838 Posts
yeah, do it yourself, I was a bit leary when I started on mine, but its simple...do some research, follow the directions, be extremely careful if you compress the coils yourself, then have a cold one and admire your handy work!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok...i think i will try and if i cant then i will get it done....i have a quick question.... i have my 1.5" shackles and 3" spacers right now but i am going to buy my 5150s today so can i install my shackles when i install my spacers with the stock shocks then drive to the shop and pick up my 5150s or will the shackles not work with the stock shocks for the drive over...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
cauch235 said:
ok...i think i will try and if i cant then i will get it done....i have a quick question.... i have my 1.5" shackles and 3" spacers right now but i am going to buy my 5150s today so can i install my shackles when i install my spacers with the stock shocks then drive to the shop and pick up my 5150s or will the shackles not work with the stock shocks for the drive over...
I put a 2.5" AAL on my friends tacoma with the stock bilsteins. They will definitely work, but it just takes some elbow grease to get them back in place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,726 Posts
cauch235 said:
ok...i think i will try and if i cant then i will get it done....i have a quick question.... i have my 1.5" shackles and 3" spacers right now but i am going to buy my 5150s today so can i install my shackles when i install my spacers with the stock shocks then drive to the shop and pick up my 5150s or will the shackles not work with the stock shocks for the drive over...
Your stock shocks will be totally fine on the way to the shop. They'll even be alright for light to moderate wheeling as long as you don't extend the rear axle fast enough for it to rip off/bend the shock mounts.

As far as install, it's very simple, coil compressors are a PITA, so get decent ones, and definitely use air tools to compress the coils. Otherwise you may get tennis elbow from 3 days of ratcheting. Front end may take you 2 or 3 hours, shackles, anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mudferret said:
Your stock shocks will be totally fine on the way to the shop. They'll even be alright for light to moderate wheeling as long as you don't extend the rear axle fast enough for it to rip off/bend the shock mounts.

As far as install, it's very simple, coil compressors are a PITA, so get decent ones, and definitely use air tools to compress the coils. Otherwise you may get tennis elbow from 3 days of ratcheting. Front end may take you 2 or 3 hours, shackles, anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.
PITA??? i think i am going to rent a coil compressor from autozone.... air tools????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,726 Posts
cauch235 said:
PITA??? i think i am going to rent a coil compressor from autozone.... air tools????
If you're asking what PITA means...pain in the ass. An air driven ratchet will make cranking those coil compressors down a LOT easier, but it's still a PITA even with them.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top