TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I swapped my old racerunners for OME881's/bilsteins. Ever since I've had a problem with the spindles hitting the coils. Recently discovered the OD of the OME coils is 5/8" bigger than the old coilovers, contributing to my issue. Still have the coilovers and want to rebuild them. I found a guy who does it here, but he's having a hard time finding a seal kit and the oil type/weight to use in the rebuild. He's getting the run around from aFe Power (who acquired sway-away) My coilovers look exactly like these(but in much worse shape), one of the early versions from 01-02 or so.

Let me know if you know what I need, or who I should contact for help(Camburg, etc.?)

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,396 Posts
Hi Ripper. Hope all is good with you.

I would try Camburg. They used to sell the parts back in the day. They got them from SAW, but still could have the connections or know alternate kits.

Oil is Torco 7wt synthetic shock oil. You need 1qt if you don't spill any.

Consider replacing the lower heims if they are worn.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ripper. Hope all is good with you.

I would try Camburg. They used to sell the parts back in the day. They got them from SAW, but still could have the connections or know alternate kits.

Oil is Torco 7wt synthetic shock oil. You need 1qt if you don't spill any.

Consider replacing the lower heims if they are worn.
Hey showstop. All's ok here. Getting the front suspension taken care of and have an appt to replace the clutch(think I've been talking about this to you for probably 8 yrs). This in preparation for listing the Taco for sale. Potentially downsizing to 1 vehicle household(wife works from home now). Hope you and yours are well too.

As always, your help is invaluable. Camburg directed me to shockseals.com for the parts.

Just took a look at the heims. I think I replaced them once. At the time I didn't know there was a retaining ring in there and snapped a handle off a shop press trying to press them out. 🤓 Anyway one of them is bad. Seems like I need a COM-10T? (Measurements looked about right with my ruler, without removing the bearing) Suggestions on where to order? I see them at summit. Camburg lists a FKS-10T which might be the same? I guess they would probably know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts