• go back to IFS

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For as low as my SAS is built the Rancho 44044's arent doing it for me as they have lost their arch. I'm 2" to my bump stops in front, I hit them on a regular basis, and the truck handles like a pregnant water bed. So I'm not afraid to stiffen it up a little cause I'll still be able to get my articulation. Right now my frame is 22" to the ground, I'm runnin the 44044 front, and AllPro 5" in the rear. I want to lift the entire truck 1.5" MAX with this mod. The rear is getting Chevy 63" w/ or w/o AAL (maybe modified AAL). For the front I can either go kinda hybrid and have my 44044's rebuilt by Deaver for $200 (not too hard on the wallet) or throw down the $650 for new custom Deaver packs (ouch, my wallet just squeaked in fear).
Any opinions or experience for, or against either option?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I, by no means, am an expert on this topic. Perhaps this is for my own learning purposes...but if you're thinking about spending $200 for re arching, why not just spend the extra $100 for new 44044s?

~Miguel

·
Registered
156 Posts
SgtMunger said:
I'm 2" to my bump stops in front, I hit them on a regular basis, and the truck handles like a pregnant water bed.
I have absolutely no insight for you, but that made me laugh, thanks...

·
Banned
966 Posts
GreenTaco4x4 said:
If your considering custom deavers you might wanna look at alcan, I called them a few months ago and it was much cheaper than that for a set of front springs.
Deavers and Alcan springs are different. i've heard some say Deavers are better suited for washboard stuff, while Alcan spring is better suited for rock crawling. i cant contest to which is best for what nor can i say which is better for daily driving, but i've dealt with Charles at Alcan and i've had nothing but good service from him and his team and very prompt service when i buy stuff from them.

either or is good, i like Alcan.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I, by no means, am an expert on this topic. Perhaps this is for my own learning purposes...but if you're thinking about spending $200 for re arching, why not just spend the extra $100 for new 44044s?
They're not just going to re-arch, they will be adding Deaver leafs, and subtracting Rancho's as needed. It will be a hybrid pack. Besides, if I just put new 44044's on, the exact same thing will happen 6 months down the road.
If your considering custom deavers you might wanna look at alcan, I called them a few months ago and it was much cheaper than that for a set of front springs.
I thought about them but havent heard enough good or bad to consider them. That and Deaver is right down the road from me so I can take my truck down for them to look at it and get better insight of how to build my pack.
I have absolutely no insight for you, but that made me laugh, thanks...
I am out here for you brotha :kewl:
Deavers and Alcan springs are different. i've heard some say Deavers are better suited for washboard stuff, while Alcan spring is better suited for rock crawling. i cant contest to which is best for what nor can i say which is better for daily driving, but i've dealt with Charles at Alcan and i've had nothing but good service from him and his team and very prompt service when i buy stuff from them.

either or is good, i like Alcan.
Hmmm, another bump for Alcan, I'll have to give them a call at least, but with shipping it might come out to about the same price as going store front with Deaver..... Whats your truck and were are you runnin the Alcans?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts