TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a pair of 2.0 SAWS rebuilt?

Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
check out baja taco's write up on how to rebuild 2.0 saw's, step by step very easy to follow!

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
I think Camburg down there in SoCal can rebuild them...

You can also get the parts from Camburg and rebuild them yourself.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I just bought a pair of SAW 2.0s that were "rebuilt" is there anyway to tell by looking at them? They look in decent condition, but i want to make sure before i put them on.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
It's easier to DIY. Get the parts from Kartek, they stock everything, Camburg and SAW don't usually have everything at their fingertips.

Camburg and SAW can both rebuild them for you, but it's a long turnaround for something you can do in a day yourself. Just make sure you can get them charged locally.

You don't need someone else to rebuild them for you, unless you trashed the dividing piston seal and pressurized the oil chamber.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
It's easier to DIY. Get the parts from Kartek, they stock everything, Camburg and SAW don't usually have everything at their fingertips.

Camburg and SAW can both rebuild them for you, but it's a long turnaround for something you can do in a day yourself. Just make sure you can get them charged locally.

You don't need someone else to rebuild them for you, unless you trashed the dividing piston seal and pressurized the oil chamber.
I just talked to Steve at Camburg and he has the seal kits. The oil can just be purchased locally at a Dirtbike store (Torco Synthetic 7wt.)

15 bucks a shock for the seal kit. I wonder why Baja Taco's price is so high?

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I just talked to Steve at Camburg and he has the seal kits. The oil can just be purchased locally at a Dirtbike store (Torco Synthetic 7wt.)

15 bucks a shock for the seal kit. I wonder why Baja Taco's price is so high?
Yeah that's what I got from Kartek, 15/ea, and the oil was cheaper too. I just got it all at once through them, easier than chasing parts around town. The moto shop can usually bump the nitrogen as well, as long as they have a chuck that fits.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Yeah that's what I got from Kartek, 15/ea, and the oil was cheaper too. I just got it all at once through them, easier than chasing parts around town. The moto shop can usually bump the nitrogen as well, as long as they have a chuck that fits.
The chuck is the same that is used for the rear shocks on the dirtbikes. They should have it.

Called 3 dealers around here and no one has the setup. Next shot: Local airport...

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
The chuck is the same that is used for the rear shocks on the dirtbikes. They should have it.
They should, but not all of them do. I don't know if SAW changed the depth or diameter of the hole where they mount the Schraeder valve since I got my 2.0s, but those trick banjo chucks...the ones Kartek sells, where you can seal the charge at the right pressure before removing the chuck...didn't fit. We had to hog out the hole to make it work, it was a pain in the ass. If the Schraeder valve is inset in the shock body, check first. If it's mounted to the outer surface or on a remote it'll be easy.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
They should, but not all of them do. I don't know if SAW changed the depth or diameter of the hole where they mount the Schraeder valve since I got my 2.0s, but those trick banjo chucks...the ones Kartek sells, where you can seal the charge at the right pressure before removing the chuck...didn't fit. We had to hog out the hole to make it work, it was a pain in the ass. If the Schraeder valve is inset in the shock body, check first. If it's mounted to the outer surface or on a remote it'll be easy.
Yeah, I have the older gen saws where the schrader is on the bottom, stickin out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts