TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me anything good or bad about rebuilding a 2.7 motor. The head gasket blew at 170K and I also need to replace the chain, gears, guides, etc. so I may as well just rebuild the whole engine. See below for questions I have.

1. Has anyone done this?
2. What are some of the pit falls?
3. I've heard I should install valve guide caps. Does anyone know if the 2.7 already comes with them or do I need to add them?
4. How much can I bore it?
5. Should I use a different cam?

Thanks for the help guys....(again)...

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
2.7 rebuild

thehulk said:
Can anybody tell me anything good or bad about rebuilding a 2.7 motor. The head gasket blew at 170K and I also need to replace the chain, gears, guides, etc. so I may as well just rebuild the whole engine. See below for questions I have.

1. Has anyone done this?
2. What are some of the pit falls?
3. I've heard I should install valve guide caps. Does anyone know if the 2.7 already comes with them or do I need to add them?
4. How much can I bore it?
5. Should I use a different cam?

Thanks for the help guys....(again)...
I haven't personally, nor do I know any1 who has. I don't know the answer to any of your other questions, but I would DEFINITELY go w/ a different cam. While you're at it, you might as well get the head done. Or, just go w/ a head from LC Engineering. Good luck, Wes

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I have a spare head, if you want to buy it
I bought it off another member awile ago, never used it
it was bought new over a year ago, I paid $500, would like to get the best price, email me if interested
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts