TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Tacoma 4WD with the TRD off Road Package, I had to get my rear leaf spring fixed this spring at a suspension shop since it cracked.

They have the leaf spring recall out, any word on how Toyota is going to fix this?

Also got in the mail a Campaign for frame rust, are the older gen tacomas going to end up like the earlier ones where Toyota either replaces the frames or buys the trucks back?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got a campaign letter for the leaf springs being under recall. But it stated they haven't got a resolution yet...it will be sent out soon.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Suspension Recall 2016

I received new 3 (4?) leaf springs as part of the TSB back in 2007 or so, along with TRD Bilstein shocks, to replace the shitty no-name shocks and 2-leaf pack that Toyota put on my '05 2.7L 4x4 at the factory.

Fastforward to 2016 and those TSB leaf packs were breaking, potentially puncturing important stuff under the truck (gas tank ) so I got a recall notice.

It took them 6 weeks to receive the parts once ordered, but once up on their rack, they realized I had one of the few leaf packs that actually friggin BROKE. The new one made my 2005 w/ 192K drive like new and it has about 8 brackets on each leaf pack instead of 2 or 3, so it shouldn't have any issues for the rest of the life of my rig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts