TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at something like this spare tire carrier to haul a 37 on. I have a Marlin tube bumper and am researching a swing out for it but thought I'd check this option out too. I would think it would rattle around and stuff on the trail. Anybody have any experience with these?

·
Registered
348 Posts
That style of carrier is used on travel trailers quite often. From my experience, the support small tires well - but bounce way too much for anything bigger.

edit - I'm talking about the CBI one - rather the reciever hitch mounted style.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I think that the fold down reciever mount that Steve from CBI offroad builds is pretty good for the money. He has one rated for up to a 38" tire for about $280 this price includes the high lift jack mount, lighted lic. plate holder, and tire mount, in bare metal. Plus shipping of course..Send him an email I am considering one in the near [email protected]

I like the idea of the fold down reciever since it will fold down for getting to stuff in the bed and than you won't always have to all the thing around if your truck is also a DD :2cents:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I thought about the departure angle and it really wont change it that much because it goes 90 degrees up pretty much right where it comes out of the receiver. I was more concerned with them being flimsy and rattling around back there all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
UKMyers
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing