TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have missed this in the search but looking for a shop recommendation to do small lift for a 2009/2010 Taco. Not looking for anything major but would like a respectable trustworthy shop to take my $$$$ :))

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking to downsize my current set up and am considering a taco double cab short bed (i'll be coming from a Dodge 2500 Diesel). The truck will be my DD. I am planning on adding a Flippac camper for weekend camping. I'd like to add a small lift so i can get a larger wheel/tire set up. The ONLY offroad use will be to access camping spots so I don't need much (I think). I will probably need to stiffen up the suspension or maybe airbags. The flippac will add almost 400lbs, add gear to that and I'd like the ability to tow (nothing heavy) or carrier a dirtbike on the receiver hitch.

So in my eyes i need a small lift to handle slightly larger tires. Bodylift? Sus Lift? I'm dumb :). Maybe add a leaf, timberens or airbags for the added payload.

·
Registered
732 Posts
How much extra weight are you talking besides the flippac? You shouldn't need air bags, just a good set of springs or a good AAL.

For what you will be doing, Old Man Emu is the way to go for the front and it will save you some $$$.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Also talk to Jacob at www.toycrawlers.com for the install. He has been installing quite a bit of Toytec products. He is located in the Broomfield area. You will definitely need to stiffen up the back if you buy an Off Road TRD Taco. There are some specific "load" springs out there to handle the extra weight out back.

X2 what Fabjunke said on the OME items for up front.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Wow I would think that airbags would make life easier without stiffening up the rear too much when unloaded. Definitely go Suspension lift not body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New in town, need some help

i just moved here from tenn. the "off road" shop i took my truck to was suppose to do a sas. 5 months later, they tore apart my ifs and didnt do much eles. i had to take some of the parts i ordered throught them and a used dana 44 cause they couldnt give me my money back. ive only heard of predator 4 wheel here in colorado springs. if theres any other shop or fab place thats worth calling, it would help me out. i just wanna get my truck up before the snow starts hitting. thanks

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Welcome!

There's a bunch - I haven't heard much good about Predator or Tanner down there though.

Unless your truck is already highly modified though, I would check out cragislist - you can buy a swapped rig for less than what you're gonna pay a shop to do it.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Just provide something non-alcoholic while we're wrenching, and something alcoholic for after we're done :xpimp:.

I should have more time to help with projects like this in a month or two, or I'd offer my own help. Everybody here is really cool about pitching in and getting people up and running.

-Sean

·
Banned
185 Posts
i just moved here from tenn. the "off road" shop i took my truck to was suppose to do a sas. 5 months later, they tore apart my ifs and didnt do much eles. i had to take some of the parts i ordered throught them and a used dana 44 cause they couldnt give me my money back. ive only heard of predator 4 wheel here in colorado springs. if theres any other shop or fab place thats worth calling, it would help me out. i just wanna get my truck up before the snow starts hitting. thanks
Rock Ware in the northside of springs has always provided great customer service with me, definitely one of my favorites!
http://rockware.net/
call for their address though, the one on the website isn't the location of the shop

1 - 13 of 13 Posts